Thursday, August 5, 2021

PP552 Beside the Seaside Theme

Hello all! When I first saw this week's Paper Players challenge, I thought I was going to have to skip it. I have no seaside theme stamps. A few days later I was looking through old Paper Pumpkin stamps and lo and behold, I found not only one but two stamp sets. Knowing I needed a masculine birthday card, I opted for You're my Anchor.

My next dilemma, no nautical paper. I thought I would just use Night of Navy and Crumb Cake cardstock. Then I remembered I have a stash of old DSP and in that stash I found True Gentlemen DSP. Score! 

This makes for a fun Throwback Thursday card. Current cardstock and inks, crumb cake, night of navy and just jade were used. The twine and sentiment are also current. Happy Birthday is from Many Messages.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. Make sure you visit the Paper Players site to see all of the entries in this challenge.

Have a great day!

6 comments:

  1. Never give up on a challenge lol! So glad you found the perfect stamps and papers to use for the challenge! The True Gentleman paper is really perfect and I love how you made your own DSP with all the small images to tie it all together! Thanks for sharing at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you pushed through and came across the most perfect stamps and paper for our challenge. I find some of the old SU paper is my favorite and I save every small piece. I love the colors you chose as they all scream seaside! Well done Suzanne! Thanks for playing at The Paper Players.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you created such a fun nautical card having been so resourceful from a standing start! I often spend days thinking up solutions for challenges - it's amazing what we have in our stash when we have a good rummage! Thanks for playing along with our seaside themed challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, I love your story of finding the resources you needed to make this card. I always forget about my Paper Pumpkin sets! What a perfect masculine birthday card! The Just Jade adds an unexpected "pop" of color that looks great with Night of Navy. Thank you for playing with The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Paper Pumpkin to the rescue! Such a fun card and I love the pop of Just Jade. Thanks so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete