Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Alcohol Blending Technique

I have tried this technique once before but I never did anything with the papers I created. I was hoping to create a dark sky as a background for fireworks. Today's attempt at this technique was more successful. This technique is this week's TGIFC#339. The design and color inspiration came from today's Just Add Ink #577 Just Add Inspiration

The picture below shows my completed alcohol blended vellum. The blends I used included Light Cherry Cobbler, Dark Mossy Meadow, Dark Highland Heather and Dark Daffodil Delight.

The Cherry Cobbler card base borders a Petal Pink  piece of In Good Taste DSP.

I added a piece of the the Cork Specialty Paper for some texture. A piece of Basic White cut with the Scalloped Contours dies is a backdrop for the leaves. 

The leaves, from the Forever Flourishing dies, were cut from the alcohol blended vellum. 

The only stamping was the sentiment which is from the Shaded Summer stamp set. It was stamped using Cherry Cobbler onto Basic White and cut using the Tasteful Labels dies. The Cherry Cobbler circle was cut using the Layering Circles dies.

Cherry Cobbler and Gold Metallic Ribbon was cut in half to make a smaller bow. 
I added some Wonderful Gems for a little more sparkle.


I enjoyed working with this technique and plan to pull out the old pieces I made.

Thanks for looking at my card. Be sure to check out the other creations from these fun challenges.
Happy Stamping!




4 comments:

  1. Love the vellum blends technique Suzanne, your leaves are beautiful. Thanks for sharing at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your alcohol blended leaves are beautiful Suzanne! So glad you joined us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow - what a fun way to colour. Such a fun technique. Love your card and how you have used the alcohol paper. Chantell Just Add Ink

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic that you created an alcohol background to die cut your leaves from. They look so beautiful amongst the texture of the cork and DSP features. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete