Monday, October 25, 2021

Happy Birthday

Hello everyone! I'm a little late to the party in getting the Shaded Summer stamp set. I just got it during the recent one-day sale. (I got the dies during Sale-abration.) Today's cerd is a compilation of three challenges. First, is a color challenge by CAS Colours and Sketches #442 The colors are Night of Navy, Rich Razzleberry and Old Olive. The next challenge, a new one for me, Seize the Birthday #225 Use a Stencil. Add last but not least, Watercooler Wednesday Challenge 327 All Things Feminine

I love the Shaded Summer stamp set. The flowers are gorgeous and the font is beautiful. Although, today's sentiment is from the Timeless Tulips stamp set. The size worked better for my design.

I stamped the flowers in Old Olive onto Basic White card and cut them out using the die. The leaves were colored with light Old Olive blend.  The flowers were stamped again on white scraps using Rich Razzleberry and colored with Rich Razzleberry and Pale Papaya blends and were fussy cut out and glued in place to cover the green flowers.

For the stenciling, I used the Adorning Designs Decorative Masks and Night of Navy ink. I used a blending brush. 

I cut the scalloped border below the sentiment out of Night of Navy. It is part of the Painted Labels dies. 

I really like the way this card came out. I hope you like it too. Be sure to check out the other cards in these challenges.
Happy Stamping!

6 comments:

  1. Lovely use of the colors, thanks for joining us at CC&S

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like how your card turned out too Suzanne! Love the partially stencilled background, the geometric design looks great with those gorgeous flowers. Thankyou for playing along at Seize the Birthday and also Watercooler Wednesday, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful way to use the colours Suzanne! I love the soft stencilling and those gorgeous flowers. Thank you for coming to play at CAS Colours and Sketches! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a really pretty card! Love the colors and the soft subtle background! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty. Love the stenciled background and the colors you used for the pretty flowers. Thanks for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the different textures you've created on this card Suzanne. That soft stencil behind your flowers is perfect. Thanks for joining us at the WWC. Tristan DT.

    ReplyDelete