Sunday, May 7, 2023

Birthday Balloons

Hello All, 

Today I've been enjoying what is to be the start of a beautiful week here in the PNW. The forecast shows sunshine and high temperatures for the week.

I have a fun birthday card that was inspired by a fun sketch challenge and a fill in the blank challenge. As You See it Challenge #298: New Stuff wants to know, "The most recent addition to my craft stash is..." the Bright and Beautiful Suite and all the new colors that coordinate with the DSP. I ordered this on free shipping day and it finally arrived yesterday. The fun sketch for my card comes from Freshly Made Sketches #584. I love that I could showcase the DSP and the new bright colors.

I cut a 5 1/2" by 4 1/4" piece of the Bright and Beautiful DSP and adhered it to a thick white card base.

Using the Beautiful Balloons bundle, I stamped the streamers with Misty Moonlight, Berry Burst and Lemon Lime Twist inks directly onto a 4 7/8" by 1 7/8" piece of the DSP. I used the same colors to stamp the balloons and cut them out with the dies. 

The stamped DSP was layered onto a 5" by 2" piece of Berry Burst cardstock and attached to the card front. The balloons were attached to this panel with glue and dimensionals. Gold Pastel Adhesive Backed Sequins were added for some sparkle.

The Happy Birthday from the Biggest Wish stamp set was stamped with Misty Moonlight ink onto a 4 1/2" by 1 3/8" piece of white cardstock. this was layered onto a 4 5/8" by 1 1/2" piece of Lemon Lime Twist cardstock then attached to the card front.

Be sure to check out the other entries in these challenges.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. You can also See me on Facebook  and  Check me out on Instagram

Happy Stamping!




7 comments:

  1. Love the big "headline" sentiment and your bright colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun, Suzy, I am loving these colors together, too! Such great DSP - and your balloons are perfect! Thanks so much for playing at As You See It!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this cute card Suzy! The brightness and whimsy are spot on for a birthday card! Thanks for joining us at As You See It!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The balloons are perfect for this card! Fresh and fun! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so bright and colourful and the big Happy Birthday is great! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the bold letters and colours for this fun birthday card, Suzy! It just strikes the right balance! Thanks for filling in the blank for us at As You See It Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great addition to your craft stash! With balloons, streamers and a sea of fresh, bright colours, this suite looks like a lot of fun. Thanks for joining in with us at As You See It.

    ReplyDelete