Sunday, May 21, 2023

PP641 and Growth Takes Time

Good Morning,

Today is Sunday and that means it is time for a new challenge over at The Paper Players. I hope you all will make a project of your own and join us in this challenge. I picked an Online Exclusive stamp set, a new color and a die-cut sentiment. Here's a sneak peak of my card. My card was inspired by the about to bloom Magnolia tree in my backyard.

Joanne is bringing us a Clean and Simple (CAS) challenge this week. She is asking us to "Use One of Something". So pick a single image and create a clean and simple project. Remember to keep it simple, use few embellishments and show a lot of white space.What will you create for this challenge?


The design team has created some creative projects to inspire you. Stop by our challenge page to see what we made. Drop us a comment while you are there.

Cut a 4" by 5 1/4" piece of Moody Mauve cardstock. Using the score board, score 5 lines 1/8" apart across the card starting 1 1/4" from the bottom. Adhere this layer onto a thick white card base. 

Stamp the tree image from Growth Takes Time with Peppled Path ink onto a white rectangle cut with the Scalloped Contour dies. Use Crumb Cake, Mossy Meadow and Moody Mauve blends to color the image.

The sentiment was cut from Gold Foil Sheets using the Well Written dies (ret).


I hope you join us at The Paper Players this week. We would love to see what you create for this Clean and Simple challenge. You can enter your project from now until noon PST on Friday, May 26, 2023. See all the rules and requirements on the challenge page.



Thanks for stopping by and Happy Stamping!  



7 comments:

  1. Suzy, I just LOVE this beautiful CAS card. Your tree is just fabulous! I love the Moody Mauve background, too! I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so fabulous Suzy! Your tree reminded me of a magnolia tree when I first saw it, so was thrilled to see that was what inspired your colour choices too. Love the simple gold diecut sentiment too. Great design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful CAS card! The tree is amazing! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great, Suzy! I love the use of Moody Mauve on the background AND the tree! This set didn't speak to me but now that I see it in use, I can see how lovely it is!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, Suzy! What a lovely tree! I absolutely love Moody Mauve...a perfect color choice for your perfect clean and simple card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Suzy, if I had a magnolia tree in my back yard ready to bloom I would also be very inspired! Your card is very pretty.
    Xoxo, Fran

    ReplyDelete
  7. suzy, I love this! You just reminded me that I really need to add this set to my next order. I love the soft color you used and that single sentiment is the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete