Tuesday, October 3, 2023

Falling Leaves

Today's card was inspired by two challenges. As You See It Challenge #308: Playing with Polygons gave a great sketch to work with. Retro Rubber #216 had a fun Tic Tac Toe board filled with fun elements to pull from. I went with the right column of masculine, leaves and die-cuts. I pulled out some patterned paper and a die set from last year. The stamp set I used, Truly Grateful, was from 2013. 

Start with a Mossy Meadow card base.

Layer a 2" by 4 1/2" piece of Calypso Coral Rustic Harvest DSP (ret) onto a 2 1/16" by 4 5/16" piece of Early Espresso cardstock

Layer a 2 3/4"  square Mossy Meadow Rustic Harvest DSP (ret) onto a 2 5/8" piece of Early Espresso cardstock

Color wash water color paper with orange, yellow and red inks. Allow to dry and splatter with Calypso Coral and brown inks. Cut out leaves with Rustic Pumpkin dies (ret) 2022. I added veins with a Pecan Pie water color pencil.

Truly Grateful (ret) sentiment was stamped with Early Espresso ink onto a 9/16" strip of white cardstock. Flag one end.

Be sure to check out the other entries in these fun challenges.


Thanks for stopping by my blog today. You can also See me on Facebook  and  Check me out on Instagram 

Happy Stamping!



6 comments:

  1. Lovely! I really like your choice of colours and the way the DSP looks like currents of wind to whirl the leaves around. I'm also a big fan of the type font for the sentiment.... chock full of delicious details! Thanks for joining us again at As You See It.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVED those papers...I might have a few pieces hoarded away! They work perfectly for your pretty fall card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Suzy - love those color washed leaves! I've always loved that sentiment - so fabulous here! Thanks so much for playing at As You See It AND Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely rich autumn colours and patterns, Suzy! I love how you created the leaves! Thanks for getting sketchy with us at As You See It Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely Suzy! The colours are perfect for autumn and the detail on the leaves give them a really realistic look and feel. Great choice of paper behind too - it reminds me of swirls of wind, so appropriate for the season! Thanks for playing along with our sketch challenge over at As You See It this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Suzy! This is a beautiful autumn card and those leaves!! Thanks for joining us at As You See It and Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete