Sunday, October 1, 2023

PP #660 and Rays of Light

Good Morning,

Today is Sunday and that means it is time for a new challenge over at The Paper Players. I hope you all will make a project of your own and join us in this challenge. I have realized in the past few weeks that I am lacking stamp sets in a couple of categories. I have one sports set. thanks to Paper Pumpkin and only one stamp "connected" to space. I started my card with a fun piece of patterned paper. I thought the dark blue and the cold splatters would mimic space.

I started with a Night of Navy card base. Layered on a 4 1/8" by 5 3/8" piece of gold cardstock.

I found a fun piece of Abstract Beauty DSP (ret). I stamped the Rays of Light stamp with VersaMark and heat embossed with clear powder. When cool I blended the paper with Night of Navy ink to darken the paper while letting the rays come through.

The Lighting the Way  sentiment was heat embossed in black onto gold cardstock and cut with Stylish Shapes dies'

Iridescent Adhesive Backed Discs added a bit more sparkle.



Ann is bringing us a Theme challenge this week, Lost in Space. So feature something that has to do with spaceYour card could be made elaborate with your favorite embellishments or kept as simple as you like. What will you create for this challenge?

The design team has created some creative projects to inspire you. Stop by our challenge page to see what we made. Drop us a comment while you are there. 

I hope you join us at The Paper Players this week. We would love to see what you create for this Theme challenge. You can enter your project from now until noon PST on Friday, October 6, 2023. See all the rules and requirements on the challenge page.


5 comments:

  1. Suzy your card is a great example of how a little creative thinking can transform some well-chosen items into a beautiful star-filled space sky. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a terrific job interpreting Ann's challenge....this really does look like outer space and your embossing and sponging really make that background look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Suzy! The rays you have created with the sponging and embossing are breathtaking. Your card is jaw-droppingly gorgeous! Your creativity reached the stratosphere for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great interpretation of the theme. It does look like space and I love the "rays" in the design. - Seems like a lot of us had few (space) related stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great use of clear embossing and blending, Suzy! Fabulous and creative idea.
    Xoxo, Fran

    ReplyDelete