Tuesday, October 4, 2022

Falling Leaves and Pumpkins

The air is slowly starting to turn cooler here in western Washington. Fall is on the way and that brings falling leaves, corn mazes and a visit to the pumpkin patch. To me that is a sure sign of fall, and that is what is needed to meet The Paper Players Theme Challenge #611. I pulled out the Hello Harvest Bundle for this card that combines this and 2 other challenges. 

Inspire Create Challenge #126 provided the sketch for this card. This sketch is very versatile.I got the color scheme from Creative Colour Challenge #57. The three colors are perfect for a fall card.

I started by randomly stamping leaves on white cardstock to make the first layer. I also added some swirls to fill in blank spaces. This layer was layered onto a Blackberry Bliss card base.

The top layer of white card stock was cut with the Stitched Rectangle dies and the lattice cut outs from the Blossoming Happiness dies. It was layered onto a piece of Blackberry Bliss card.

The pumpkin was stamped on watercolor paper and painted with pumpkin Pie and Old Olive inks.

The leaves and flowers were stamped colored and cut out and glued onto the card front.

I wanted a small sentiment so I pulled out the old stamp set, For All Things.

Thanks for looking at my card. Be sure to check out the other entries in these challenges.







5 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card. I love how you have managed to combine the three Challenges to make this card. Thanks for joining in with Creative Colour Challenges this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! I like how you used that die behind the pumpkin! Thanks for playing at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your leafy background! Blackberry Bliss is a color I rarely turn to, but it looks so nice with the other fall hues! Thanks for playing with our seasonal challenge this week at the Players!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty coloured leaves and pumpkins - the perfect fall combination! Thanks for playing my theme challenge over at the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO pretty Suzy! Love the stamped background. Thank you so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete