Sunday, November 5, 2023

PP #665 and Decorative Masks

 Good Morning,

Today is Sunday and that means it is time for a new challenge over at The Paper Players. I hope you all will make a project of your own and join us in this challenge. I tried a new to me technique for my card. I dry embossed with a decorative mask. It came out beautifully with well defined images. I liked it so much, I did it with the houndstooth pattern for another card. 

Start with a Copper Clay card base.

Cut a 4 7/8" by 5 1/8" piece of Copper Clay cardstock. Emboss with the leaves Abundant Beauty Mask (see below for the sandwich of layer). 

Cut about 5" of both the Natural and Copper Ribbon from the combo pack. Layer on the front of the card and tape securely on the back. Attach this panel to the card with dimensionals.

Stamp the sentiment from Beautiful Autumn stamp set (ret) with Copper Clay ink onto Very Vanilla cardstock. Cut with Something Fancy dies. Attach to the card front with Tear and Tape.

Punch the oak leaves from the Oxidized Copper Specialty DSP using the Autumn Punch Pack (ret). Attach to the card with dimensionals.

Finish the card with Copper Clay Adhesive-Backed Speckled Dots.

Here is a photo of the layering sandwich you need to emboss with the decorative masks. 

Start with the #1 plate, then #3, the silicon mat, cardstock, the mask and finally the #4 plate.


Anne Marie is bringing us a Theme challenge this week, Let's Give Thanks. She has a fabulous board to give you inspirationYour card could be made elaborate with your favorite embellishments or kept as simple as you like. What will you create for this challenge?

The design team has created some creative projects to inspire you. Stop by our challenge page to see what we made. Drop us a comment while you are there. 

I hope you join us at The Paper Players this week. We would love to see what you create for this Theme challenge. You can enter your project from now until noon PST on Friday, November 10, 2023. See all the rules and requirements on the challenge page.



7 comments:

  1. I totally forgot about this cool technique...and I have all the sandwiches to do it! I might have to give it a go, you've inspired me! I love your pretty background as well as the gorgeous ribbon trim! And I am glad to see those cute little leafy punchouts too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Copper Clay! The embossing and the shiny leaves and the ribbon! Just fabulous, Suzy! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, I love this Suzy - and now you have me scurrying to see if I have enough of the correct plates to try out this technique myself!! That embossed background is AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, Suzy! I love those little punched leaves used as embellishments on the embossed background - very clever!
    Xoxo, Fran

    ReplyDelete
  5. Suzy, you showcased one of my favorite SU colors. That background is gorgeous. Fabulous card, my friend
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely card. I love the rich tones of the Copper Clay color. I've not purchased any of the Beauty Masks but it's cool to know you can dry emboss with them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, Suzy! Copper Clay is such a rich, fall color. What a great technique to use the mask as an embossing folder. I have never done that before, but you have inspired me to give it a try. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete