Wednesday, November 1, 2023

Mixing Some Old with Some New

When I saw the A Walk in the Forest DSP, I immediately thought of this old pine bundle. This is one of those stamp and die sets that I just can't part with. As You See It #310 has a great Fill in the Blank challenge. They pose the question, My favorite thing to do with vellum is.... My favorite way to use vellum is to "tone down" the background while still allowing it to shine through.

Start with a Pretty Peacock card base

Layer a 3 3/4" by 5" piece of A Walk in the Forest DSP onto a 4" by 5 1/4" piece of Pecan Pie. Add to the card base

Cut a largest vellum circle using the Stylish Shapes dies. Adhere to the center of the card. 

Using the Pretty Pines Thinlits dies (ret) cut the pieces using Old Olive, Garden Green, Cherry Cobbler, white and gold cardstock. Adhere to the card.

Using the Christmas Pines stamp set (ret), stamp the sentiment with cherry cobbler ink onto a 3/4" strip of white card. Trim to fit and attach with dimensionals. Cut a 2" by 1/4" Cherry Cobbler cardstock and adhere to card.

Add Red Rhinestone Basic Jewels to the stem.

Be sure to check out the other entries in this fun challenge.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. You can also See me on Facebook  and  Check me out on Instagram 

Happy Stamping!

#30DayChristmasCardMakingChallenge Day 5: Sketch 




5 comments:

  1. I still have those dies too Suzy and you're so right - they look great with that paper! The vellum circle not only softens the boldness of the background paper but also draws the eye in to the centre of the card and highlights the other decorative elements. Just lovely! Thanks for sharing with us over at As You See it this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such gorgeous paper and such an awesome way to show it off! Love your "tone down" method - that's my favorite way, too, lol. This DSP is perfect with that set - I still have mine, too! Thanks so much for playing at As You See It!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I love the vellum for the tone-down effect. It really helps to let the sentiment show out. Thanks for joining in with us at As You See It.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely, Suzy! The vellum did the trick here! And created a great Christmas decoration too! Thanks for filling in the blank with us at As You See It Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful Suzy! Vellum is such a great way to tone it down and yet I never think to do that! I will now! I love the papers with the diecuts! Thanks for joining us at As You See It!

    ReplyDelete