Sunday, November 12, 2023

PP #666 and Stamped with Love

Hello Everyone, 

This week over at The Paper Players Joanne has a great color challenge for us. There are three great colors to play with, along with a color of your choice. I pulled out some favorite products for my card, the Paper Florist dies and the Time Worn Type embossing folder. I hope you can join us for this great color challenge. The theme of my card came from Day 8: Christmas Letters of Martin's Mayhem 30 Day Christmas Card Making Challenge.

Start with a Shaded Spruce card base. Add a 5 5/16" by 4 1/16" piece of Real Red card stock.

Cut a 5 3/16" by 3 15/16" piece of Vellum. Emboss with the Time Worn Type folder.

Blend Real Red ink onto a 2" by 3" scrap of white cardstock. Stamp the image from the Stamped with Love set with VersaMark and heat emboss with gold powder. Fussy-cut.

Using the Paper Florist dies cut the flowers and leaves from Real Red, Shaded Spruce and Gold Foil Sheets. Assemble on the vellum layer. Attach the vellum layer to the card. Add small Pastel Adhesive-Backed Sequins.

Add a bow made from gold Simply Elegant Trim.


So... When I posted my card, I wasn't 100% satisfied with my card. When I woke up this morning (Sunday), I had the idea to ditch the embossed vellum and switched it with an embossed piece of white. I like it so much better. I probably should have changed the letter too.




Joanne's color challenge this week provides Real Red, Shaded Spruce and Gold along with a color of your choice. Your card could be used for any occasion. It could be made elaborate with your favorite embellishments or kept as simple as you like. What will you create for this challenge?

The design team has created some creative projects to inspire you. Stop by our challenge page to see what we made. Drop us a comment while you are there.

I hope you join us at The Paper Players this week. We would love to see what you create for this color challenge. You can enter your project from now until noon PST on Friday, November 17, 2023. See all the rules and requirements on the challenge page.


Thanks for stopping by and Happy Stamping!  




5 comments:

  1. Both cards are beautiful, Suzy! However, the die cut flowers and foliage are quite striking against the white background. What a wonderful way to showcase the challenge colors! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Ann - both cards are fabulous Suzy ( I actually quite like the vellum version!) So much detail and texture - I am itching to use that post box stamp and have yet to get to it. Festive fabulousness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's nice both ways, but I do like the white background better! Makes that cute mail box really stand out. Florals are awesome too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Suzy, I love both, but do think the elements pop on the white background. So much wonderful texture and it's a fabulous use of the post box stamp.
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Suzy, both cards are beautiful - I love the idea of the blind embossed vellum laid down over the bright red. I'm suspecting it works better in person than as a photo, but it's still beautiful in the photo. I really love the layout of the card with the mailbox and poinsettias.
    Xoxo, Fran

    ReplyDelete