Monday, November 21, 2022

Clean and Simple

The color palette for CAS Colour and Sketches #496 said nature to me. I of course went to the Ringed with Nature Stamp Set. I tried coloring the twigs from the Tree Rings die set multiple ways. which again had me wishing there were blends for ALL the colors. 

In the end, I used blending brushes to color white card with Early Espresso ink. This actually worked out well because it created a tone different from the dark cardstock. I cut the twigs out of Old Olive card and pieced them to the Early Espresso Twigs.

I stamped the other elements and fussy cut the leaves and berries.

I used second generation Early Espresso for the center of the tree cookie. I used the embossing folder and dies to cut this out.

I attached the element to a piece of white card then layered that onto Soft Succulent cardstock. The card base was thick basic white.

The sentiment was stamped using Early Espresso and attached with dimensionals.

I added gold Adhesive Backed Sequins to finish the card.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. You can also See me on Facebook  and  Check me out on Instagram

Be sure to check out the other entries in this fun challenge.

Happy Stamping!




3 comments:

  1. Suzanne your decorated tree ring is just lovely - I use that tone-on-tone inking technique to get depth of colour too - a great way to get extra colour when you only have 3 to play with! Thanks for playing over at CAS Colours & Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty card ! I love that layering of stamping and diecuts. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CC&S this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful use of these colours! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS Colours & Sketches!

    ReplyDelete