Friday, November 25, 2022

Trio of Poinsettias

With the last few days of #30DayChristmasCardMakingChallenge, I have become out of order. Today I have a  card for Day 27, a color combination. The colors are Cajun Craze, Petal Pink and Early Espresso. When I saw this combo, I immediately thought of poinsettias. The layout of my card was provided by Sunday Stamps #296. This sketch is perfect for my flowers.

I started with an Early Espresso card base. This was layered with a piece of Petal Pink that was embossed with the Tree Rings embossing folder.

I cut a half inch strip of Cajun Craze and flagged the ends and attached that to the center of the card.

The twig elements were cut out of Early Espresso using the Tree Rings dies.

I used the Stamparatus to stamp the flowers from Ringed with Nature stamp set. I first stamped with Petal Pink. Next, I inked the stamp with Cajun Craze using a sponge dauber and a marker to add to variations in color. These were fussy-cut. Flowers and twigs were glued onto the card. Three Champagne Rhinestone Basic Jewels were used as centers for each flower.

The sentiment from the same stamp set was stamped using Cajun Craze ink. I fussy-cut it and attached to the card with dimensionals. 

I finished the card with a gold Simply Elegant Trim bow.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. You can also See me on Facebook  and  Check me out on Instagram

Be sure to check out the other entries in these fun challenges.

Happy Stamping!




2 comments:

  1. Well, that color combo is not one that leaps to mind for a Christmas card, but you certainly worked magic with it and created a real beauty! The jewels and gold ribbon dress it up perfectly. Thank you so much for joining us at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...an interesting color combo...pink with that cajun craze...Fantastic!! And your trio of poinsettias are fantastic! Thanks for playing along with our sketch challenge over at Sunday Stamps!! #SSC296

    ReplyDelete