Friday, February 17, 2023

Butterflies and Flowers

Over at As You See It Challenge #292 it is all about your favorite things about Spring. Two of my favorite things are flowers blooming and the return of butterflies. The color scheme of my card was inspired by Colour INKspiration Challenges #137.  

I started by cutting a 4" by 2 5/8" piece of Balmy Blue Country Floral Lane DSP. I layered it onto a 4 1/8" by 2 3/4 inch piece of Evening Evergreen cardstock. I glued this to a Balmy Blue card base. 

Using the Stitched Rectangle dies, I cut out the 2 5/8" by 3 15/16" rectangle from white cardstock. I used the Bumblebee Home stamp set and Evening Evergreen ink to stamp the stalk of flowers. I colored the flowers using Polished Pink and Evening Evergreen blends. Using Orchid Oasis, I flicked some splatters onto the rectangle.

I backed the white rectangle with a 2 11/16" by 4 1/16" piece of Balmy Blue cardstock. A 2 7/8" by 4 1/4" piece of Evening Evergreen backed this card front.

I tied a piece of Polished Pink Open Weave ribbon around the layers with a bow. This piece was attached to the card with dimensionals. 

The sentiment from Bumblebee Home was stamped with Evening Evergreen Ink and attached to the card front over the ribbon.

I added some Brushed Brass Butterflies around the stamped image to complete my card. 

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. You can also See me on Facebook  and  Check me out on Instagram

Be sure to check out the other entries in these great challenges.

Happy Stamping! 




5 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Suzanne - this set is SO growing on me, lol. Great use of the extra diecut to pull in your colors - great work on getting them all! Not sure I could! Thanks so much for playing at As You See It!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suzanne those pretty blooms add a pop of bright colour against the pale blue background I really like the addition of the deep blue diecut. Love the ribbon bow too - I don't use ribbon enough on my cards! Thanks for playing with us over at As You See It!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this layout, Suzanne, and the lovely colours you've chosen, especially the orchid oasis patterned paper! Thanks for filling in the blank for us at As You See It Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The splatters are a darling wee detail over those perfectly coloured flowers. I think it's blooms and butterflies heads up for Spring too! Love the way you've used Balmy Blue as a base colour - it looks good. Thanks for playing along with us at As You See it Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Suzanne - this is gorgeous! Between the ribbon, the image, layering and butterflies - I don't know which is my favorite. Surprise - they all are! Thanks for joining us at As You See It!

    ReplyDelete