Sunday, February 19, 2023

Color & Contour

Hey All,

The card I am sharing today is inspired by CAS Colours and Sketches Challenge #504. It is a color challenge that requires Balmy Blue, Sweet Sorbet and Mint Macaron. I pulled out some pretty DSP and combined it with the Color and Contour stamp set. 

I started by cutting a 4" by 5 1/4" piece of  Country Floral Lane DSP. This piece was glues to a Mint Macaron card base.

Next I cut a 2 3/8" by 3 7/8" piece of the Mint Macaron Country Gingham DSP and layered it onto a 2 1/2" by 4" piece of Mint Macaron cardstock. Sweet Sorbet Baker's Twine was wrapped around this piece and tied into a bow. The whole piece was then glued to the card.

Using the Layering Circle dies I cut a scalloped Mint Macaron circle and a white circle. I added some Balmy Blue color to the white circle with a blending brush and added some splatters with the dark Balmy Blue blend. The circle was added to the card front with glue.

Using the Color and Contour stamp set and black ink I stamped the flower and sentiment onto white cardstock. Using Sweet Sorbet ink I added the fill to the flower. The flower was cut out using the Scalloped contour dies. Then attached to the card using dimensional and glue. 

The sentiment was cut out with scissors and attached to the card with dimensionals, I added Pastel Adhesive Backed Sequins to finish off the card.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. You can also See me on Facebook  and  Check me out on Instagram

Be sure to check out the other entries in this great challenge.

Happy Stamping! 




3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Suzy! I love the stamped floral image and the pretty DSP on the background. Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SO sweet....love that pop of color on your flower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pretty card makes a great showcase of the colours Suzy - thanks for sharing over at CAS Colours & Sketches!

    ReplyDelete