Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Fabulous Paper Fun Fold

Today I have a cheerful card inspired by two great challenges. One challenge is one that I have been following and participating in for a long time. TGIF Challenges #409 is a technique challenge of layered shapes. The next challenge is a new one for me. Festive Friday Card Making and Paper Crafting Challenge #FF0128. This challenge gives you an Inspo list of 10 items to work with, they ask you to use at least three. The three elements I picked are notes, supportive sentiment and ink blending. 

I am in love with this bright paper. The Flowers and More DSP has so many fun patterns it is impossible to pick a favorite. 

To begin my card, I started with a 4 1/" by 9 1/4" piece of Sweet Sorbet cardstock scored at 3 3/4" I cut a 5 1/4" by 4" piece of the dotted DSP for the inside. I tied some Real Red ribbon into a bow around the DSP before attaching it inside the card. I cut a 3 1/4" by 3 3/4" piece of white cardstock for inside the card for a sentiment or writing.

For the card front, I cut a 3 1/2" by 4" piece of the Sweet Sorbet DSP and glued it to the card base. The next layer is a 3" by 3 1/2" piece of Sweet Sorbet cardstock. 

For the image layer, I cut a 2 3/4" by 3 1/4" piece of white cardstock. Using a blending brush I added some Pale Papaya ink. With the Music from the Heart stamp set (ret.) I stamped the notes and treble clef with black ink. The small hearts were stamped with Flirty Flamingo ink. I colored the other hearts with Sweet Sorbet blends. This piece was layered onto the card.

The sentiment was stamped with black ink and cut out using the Stylish Shapes dies. I cut a second flagged banner out of Sweet Sorbet cardstock and used it to back the sentiment banner. This was attached to the card with dimensionals.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. You can also See me on Facebook  and  Check me out on Instagram

Be sure to check out the other entries in these great challenges.

Happy Stamping! 





 

4 comments:

  1. Love this Suzy - one of my favourite music stamp sets and I can never resist a punny sentiment! Thanks for playing along with our current challenge over at Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suzy this is such a beautiful card. Thanks for joining us in the Festive Friday Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card. I love the colours you have used. Thank you for linking it to the Festive Friday Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Suzy, I love the mix of zigzags and rainbow polka dots and how you pulled together the pinks and peaches. And I also love the layered sentiment. So glad you shared this with us at Festive Friday this week
    Jayde

    ReplyDelete