Sunday, February 12, 2023

PP627 with Shaded Summer

Hello All! It's Sunday again and that means there is another great challenge over at The Paper Players.


I have seen this style of card a few times recently on social media and I thought it might be fun to try. I don't know if this technique has a name, I think someone called it a Fence Card. bibicameron on Instagram has a good reel that shows how to make this style of card.


Ann is bringing a beautiful selection of colors to play with this week. These colors definitely said Spring to me. I am certainly ready for Spring to arrive. So grab all your goodies and come play with us.

The Paper Players team has some great cards to inspire you. Check out the Challenge page to see what everyone has created.


For my card I started with a 4 1/4" by 11" piece of thick white cardstock. I folded the card in half to make a standard card base. To make the fencing, I cut six 3/8" strips from the bottom of the card front. Then I took four of the strips and aligned them horizontally leaving equal spacing between the strips ensuring that the card front measures 4 1/4" by 5 1/2". I used Post it tape to temporarily hold the strips in place. With the remaining two strips, I created fence posts on each side of the card front. I cut off the extra cardstock flush with the bottom strip. 

Using the Summer Shadows dies, I cut the flowers and leaves for this card from the challenge colors and from vellum. I adhered a vellum die cut behind each of the colored elements. I then attached the flowers and leaves to the card front.

For the little tag, I stamped the sentiment from Hydrangea Haven with Crumb Cake ink. The tag was cut using the coordinating, Hydrangea dies. I tied a small bow onto the tag with the Crumb Cake Baker's Twine. The tag was attached to the card front with dimensionals. I added Elegant Faceted Gems to add a bit of sparkle to the card front. 

I hope you join us at The Paper Players this week. We would love to see what you create for this color challenge. You can enter your project from now until noon PST on Friday February 17, 2023. See the challenge page for all the rules and requirements.

7 comments:

  1. What a cute idea! It really does look like a fence and your flowers are growing so nicely above it! Just delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Suzy! What a lovely way to showcase the challenge colors! This is such a unique design. It looks so cute with these flowers. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love this Suzi - I saw Bibi's reel too and found it fascinating! I just love how you created your version, those bold flowers work beautifully against the white.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Suzy, I love this technique and it is perfect with your gorgeous cluster of flowers. It reminds me of a warm summer day and I swear I can hear little bees buzzing around those blossoms. Thanks for reminding me that summer will arrive sometime!
    Hugs
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, Suzy. At first look I thought your card was created with a special die, but WOW! It's very clever and a technique that I think I need to try. It opens up all kinds of possibilities - like weaving the lower half. The die-cut flowers in Ann's colors pull it all together beautifully.
    Xoxo, Fran

    ReplyDelete
  6. Suzy, this is so pretty! I love these flowers and the technique is just fabulous! Such a great way to use the color combo! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun card, Suzy! Love the added detail from the "fence", so perfect with the beautiful blooms!

    ReplyDelete