Monday, February 27, 2023

Paper, Dies and Just a little Bit of Stamping

Hi All,  

My card today, was inspired by the TIC Tac Toe Challenge #198. Felicita brought some great elements to pick from. The three squares I went with were die-cut, free and Spring. The Spring colors I went with were provided by SU! Color Challenge for February. There colors were Daffodil Delight, Garden Green and Highland Heather. 

For my background I cut a four inch wide strip from the purple and green Enjoy the Journey DSP. I cut with scissors along the outline of the Garden Green mountains. I layered it onto the Highland Heather portion of the paper. I then cut the piece to measure 4" by 5 1/4". 

I layered this piece onto a 4 1/8" by 5 3/8 piece of Daffodil Delight cardstock. Then I attached all of this to a Garden Green card base.

The flowers and butterfly were cut out of white cardstock using the Meadow dies. I used a blending brush and Garden Green ink to color the stems and leaves. I used Daffodil Delight and Highland Heather blends to color the flowers. For the butterfly, I used Highland Heather blends and ink.

I colored three of the Pearl Basic Jewels with the dark Daffodil Delight blend and attached them to the flower centers. 

The sentiment from the Happiness Abounds stamp set was stamped with Garden Green ink. I used the Tailor Made Tags dies to cut it out. I tied a double linen bow and attached it to the tag.

Thanks for stopping by and looking at my card. You can also See me on Facebook  and  Check me out on Instagram

Be sure to check out the other entries in these great challenges.

Happy Stamping! 



1 comment:

  1. You cluster of flowers is so pretty Suzy but I think it's the background that really makes this card! Thanks for playing along with our challenge over at TicTacToe!

    ReplyDelete