Thursday, February 9, 2023

Galentine's Day

I made a sweet card today for a sweet friend. The theme for Stampin Up! Only Challenge #319 is Galentine's Day. Retro Rubber Challenge #199 has a color challenge that goes perfectly with my card. Their Tickled Pink challenges allows for white, cream, pink green or silver. I chose white, green and pink for my card. I used the Stamp Set Bloomin Love from 2016 and the coordinating Bloomin Heart Thinlits dies.

I started with a 5 1/4" by 4" piece of Petal Pink Country Floral Lane DSP. I layered this onto a 5 3/8" by 4 1/8" piece of Mint Macaron cardstock.

I backed a piece of Mint Macaron Country Gingham DSP with Foam Adhesive Sheets. I used the Bloomin Hearts die (ret) to cut out the heart. I attached the heart to the center of the card front.

I cut out the flowers from Petal Pink cardstock. Then I stamped the flowers from the Bloomin' Love stamp set with Petal Pink ink. The flowers were glued onto the heart. Iridescent Pearls Basic Jewels were placed in the flower centers.

I wrapped the card front with white Baker's Twine and tied it with a bow. The sentiment was stamped with Mint Macaron ink and cut out using the Stylish Shapes dies. I attached the sentiment with dimensionals. 

 Thanks for stopping by my blog today. You can also See me on Facebook  and  Check me out on Instagram

Be sure to check out the other entries in these great challenges.

Happy Stamping!    


6 comments:

  1. Wow! This is beautiful! Love the colors you've used! Thanks for sharing with us at SUOC!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Suzanne, so light and airy, terrific colours together. I love the simple tie of twine around the card with the friend sentiment off to the side, great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty, Suzanne, love these colors! I remember this heart - adhesive sheets are just the thing to tame that intricate die, lol. Your tiny details are so beautiful! Thanks so much for playing at Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, Suzy! I always love to see stamps and dies from years past make a reappearance. Great use of the Country Floral Lane DSP with the older stamps and dies. Thanks for playing along with us at SUO Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Suzanne, this is simply beautiful clean. Thank you so much for joining us at SUOChallenges.com and hope that you join us again for our new challenge tomorrow! We all appreciate your beautiful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this Bloomin Hearts Die and it makes a perfect Galentines card with the papers from the Country Floral Lane DSP.

    ReplyDelete