Saturday, February 11, 2023

Painted Poppies

 Hi All,

My card today was inspired by two great challenges. Creative Colour Challenge #75 has three colors to work with. the colors were Cherry Cobbler, Daffodil Delight and Sahara Sand. The layout for my card came from Sunday Stamps Challenge #302.

First the stamping, using black ink I stamped the flowers from  the Painted Poppies stamp set onto white cardstock. I stamped the sentiment from Flowering Tulips onto Daffodil Delight cardstock.

Next the die-cuts, using the two largest ovals from the Stitched Shape dies (ret) I cut a frame from Sahara Sand cardstock. I cut the leaves from Vellum using the Poppy Moments dies.

I cut a 3 15/16" by 5 3/16" piece of Daffodil Delight Design a Daydream DSP. I layered this onto a 4 1/8" by 5 1/4" piece of Cherry Cobbler cardstock. This was layered onto a Sahara Sand card base. 

The poppies were colored with Cherry Cobbler blends and the fussy-cut them. I cut the sentiment piece into an oval and glued it to the back of the oval frame.

I glued the oval to the center of the card front. I taped some vellum leaves to the backs of the flowers and the attached the flowers around the oval with dimensionals. 

I added some Iridescent Rhinestone Basic Jewels to finish the card.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. You can also See me on Facebook  and  Check me out on Instagram

Be sure to check out the other entries in these great challenges.

Happy Stamping!    





4 comments:

  1. So beautiful, Suzanne, I still love the poppies so much! What a great way to work the colors, and brilliant vellum details! Just the right amount of bling, too! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Suzy, those poppies love awesome against the yellow! Thank you for joining in with Creative Colour Challenges this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty!! That designer paper is charming...your poppies really stand out against it...love the subtle leaves done in vellum!! Thanks for playing along with our sketch challenge over @ Sunday Stamps! -Deb Horst, DT #SSC302

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those poppies are so pretty and I love the pattern in the background! Thanks so much for playing along with our sketch challenge at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete