Thursday, February 16, 2023

GDP #381

 Hi All, 

Today I made a card for the Global Design Project #381. They have a color challenge to work with this week, The colors are Fresh Freesia, Highland Heather and Blushing Bride. Making this card, again had me asking Why do we not have blends for every color? Ugh!

I started by cutting a 2 1/2" by 5" piece of the Blushing Bride Dainty Flowers DSP. This piece was layered onto a 3 3/4" by 5" piece of white cardstock. This was backed by a 3 7/8" by 5 1/8" piece of Highland Heather cardstock and then glued to a Fresh Freesia card base.

I cut a 3 1/4" square from the Fresh Freesia Dainty Flowers DSP and backed it with 3 3/8" square of Highland Heather cardstock. This was glued to the card front. 

Using the large circle from the Stylish Shapes dies I cut a white circle. Using the Color and Contour stamp set, I stamped a Highland Heather leaf and Blushing Bride splatters onto the circle. The circle was glued to the card front. 

On a scrap of white I stamped the flower with Fresh Freesia ink and the sentiment with Highland Heather ink. I cut the sentiment out by hand and used the Scalloped Contour dies to cut out the flower.  These were attached to the circle with dimensionals. I colored the flower center with the Blushing Bride Stampin" Write Marker.

I cut a 9" length of the Fresh Freesia Open Weave Ribbon and cut it in half lengthwise. Then I tied it into a bow and tucked it behind the sentiment.

I added some pink Adhesive Backed Sequins to finish the card. 

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. You can also See me on Facebook  and  Check me out on Instagram

Be sure to check out the other entries in this great challenge.

Happy Stamping! 

No comments:

Post a Comment