Sunday, February 26, 2023

PP629 with Lucky Clover

Happy Sunday Everyone,


The Paper Players have a new challenge to play with this week. Here is a little sneak peek at the beginnings of my card.


With March being right around the corner, I decided to work with the Lucky Clover stamp set. After finding some Springy patterned paper, I decided on Granny Apple Green ink to stamp the image.   


Jaydee has a fun sketch challenge for us this week. As you will see, I made a square card that has a circle in the center. This is a great sketch perfect for any occasion. 

The Paper Players team have some very creative cards to give you some inspiration. Stop by the Challenge page to see what everyone has created. While you're there feel free to drop us a little note.


I started by making the shaker portion of my card. I used the layering circle dies to make the green frame using Granny Apple Green cardstock. I used the largest scalloped die and the second larges circle. I cut a piece of window sheet with the largest scallop. I used glue dots to attach the window to the back of the frame. I used thin strips of dimensional adhesive to outline the backside of the frame, making sure to leave no gaps.

I stamped the shamrock onto white cardstock using Granny Apple Green ink. I used the second largest smooth circle die to cut it out. With the adhesive side up  I added some of the Loose Daisy Embellishments onto the window sheet. Then very carefully I attached the shamrock circle to the window frame. 

I cut a 4" square out of the Granny Apple Green Dandy Designs DSP And layered it onto a 4 1/4" card base.. Next I attached the shaker circle to the center. 

I stamped the sentiment with Granny Apple Green ink and cut it out with the Stylish Shapes dies. I attached this to the card using glue dots and dimensionals.


I hope you join us at The Paper Players this week. We would love to see what you create for this Sketch Challenge. You can enter your project from now until noon PST on Friday, March 3, 2023. See all the rules and requirements on the challenge page.



8 comments:

  1. Adorable shaker card! I love the colors that you incorporated together! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love shaker cards and this one is perfect for St. Patty's Day! Great way to use the sketch. Have a super week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is AMAZING! I know how challenging shaker cards can be, and I just love this one....the little flowers work so well with that bright shamrock! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love a shaker and this one is fabulous Suzy - and you've made me give those tiny flowers a second look too, what a great filler they make!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAAAY! Time to start thinking about St. Patrick's Day and you did a great shaker card, Ann! This is a technique I've shied away from because I don't know how to eliminate the static thing that happens with the plastic face and the fillers. I'm in awe!
    Xoxo, Fran

    ReplyDelete
  6. Suzy, such a great take on the sketch. I love the large clover and the fact that you made a shaker card! Thank you for rocking my challenge this week
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, Suzy! You can't beat a shaker card, especially one which features these awesome daisy embellies! This pattern paper, in Granny Apple Green, is amazing. LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun are those flowers with a shamrock card?! Wow! This is so super-duper fun, Suzy!

    ReplyDelete