Sunday, February 5, 2023

Shower of Hearts

Today's card was inspired by two fun challenges. At Freshly Made Sketches #571 Jen provided a versatile sketch to work with. As You See It #291 gave a bright and bold color combination. While making choices for my card, I inadvertently pulled out Starry Sky instead of Night of Navy and did not realize my mistake until just now while creating this post. 


I started by cutting a 5 1/2" by 4 1/4" piece of Starry Sky Dainty Flowers DSP. I glued it to the front of a thick white card base. 
I cut a 2 1/2" by 4 1'4" piece of Sweet Sorbet cardstock and a 2 3/8" by 4 1/4" piece of white cardstock. I layered the white onto the red and glued this to the card front. 
I used the Give it a Whirl dies to cut out multiple hearts from Sweet Sorbet, Polished Pink and Tahitian Tide cardstock. I glued the largest and smallest hearts to the white panel. The medium stars were attached with dimensionals. 

I used Starry Sky In-Color Matte Decorative Dots to fill in some blank spaces. 

The  sentiment from the Country Bouquet stamp set was stamped onto white cardstock with Starry Sky ink.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. You can also See me on Facebook  and  Check me out on Instagram

Be sure to check out the other entries in these great challenges.

Happy Stamping!





 


6 comments:

  1. I love all the little hearts you added to the stripe! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hearts look lovely in these colours, especially set against that dsp. To my mind, that paper is more of a NON than Starry Sky anyway... in fact, I double checked it yesterday because against Starry Sky, it looks more navy, so your error is quite understandable. Lovely design. Thank you for joining us at As You See It.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore this card! What a great idea to take one shape and die cut in the colors. Those hearts paired with the dsp and the sketch - spot on! Thanks for joining us at As You See It!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrific design, Suzanne, and the perfect way to display those bold colours! You could have fooled me with the Starry Sky vs Night of Navy! Thanks for using our palette at As You See It Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Suzanne your DSP works perfectly and FYI I almost chose Starry Sky rather than Night of Navy in my original palette anyway! Your cascade of hearts is so pretty and I love the stitched detailing too. Thanks for playing with us over at As You See It Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Suzanne, LOVE this! Great job with all those hearts, and I think the Starry Sky looks great, too, lol. We won't tell! Beautiful! Thanks so much for playing at As You See It!

    ReplyDelete