Sunday, February 5, 2023

PP626 and Music from the Heart

Hello All! 

Today is Sunday and that means it must be time for a brand new challenge from The Paper Players


I reached deep into my shelves and pulled out this fun stamp set, Music from the Heart from Stampin Up (ret). I love it when things from my stash work well with current products.

This is a great stamp set that is very versatile because of the sentiments.


LeAnne has a great Theme Challenge to play with this week, A Song in the Air. So grab your stamps, inks and papers and create with us. 

The Paper Players team has some great cards to inspire you. Check out the Challenge page to see what everyone has created.

For my card, I started by cutting a piece of 3 7/8" by 5 1/8" white card stock and embossed it with the Gingham embossing folder (ret). This was layered onto a 4" by 5 1/4" piece of Sweet Sorbet cardstock and then glued to a Crumb Cake card base.

I cut a 2" by 4 1/2" piece of Sweet Sorbet Country Gingham DSP and layered it onto a 2 1/8" by 4 5/8" piece of Sweet Sorbet Cardstock. I then glued tis to the right side of the card front.

After cutting a Crumb Cake Tag, using the Tailor Made Tags dies, I stamped various music noted with black ink. I attached a Real Red ribbon tied with a Sweet Sorbet Baker's Twine bow. This was attached with dimensionals. 

I stamped the sentiment and music note onto white cardstock with black ink. Then stamped on some Sweet Sorbet hearts. I used the Stylish Shapes dies to cut out the circle. This was attached with dimensionals and glue.

I hope you join us at The Paper Players this week. We would love to see what you created for this Theme Challenge. You can enter your project from now until noon PST on Friday February 10, 2023. 

10 comments:

  1. You had me at the gingham! So sweet and such a perfect card for my challenge--thanks for rocking it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card! I love the sentiment and all the music notes! The red and white gingham are great! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card. Love that sentiment ! What is the stamp brand and name?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The stamp set is called Music from the Heart from Stampin Up. Sadly, it is discontinued. You may be able to find it from a secondary source.

      Delete
  4. Lovely card for this theme! I love the gigham with the music notes TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute card, Suzy! Sweet Sorbet and Crumb Cake are such a yummy color combination. I LOVE the sentiment! A perfect card for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Suzy! Little coordinating details like embossing a gingham panel and layering a printed gingham paper over it always catches my attention - especially when it's combined skillfully with other images. This is a great musical card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this set (my daughter is a talented pianist so it comes in handy!) and you have really given it a contemporary feel with the kraft tag and red and white gingham. Great card Suzy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Suzy, this set is perfect for the challenge. I love the gingham especially with the kraft. Great layout, too.
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cheerful card and so perfect for the challenge, Suzy! Love all of the awesome detail you added!

    ReplyDelete