Monday, February 6, 2023

Celebrate with Cupcakes

For today's card I combined an old bundle with current colors and products. The inspiration for my card came from three challenges. Just Add Ink #638 had a Just Choose Two challenge this week. The choices were candles, cake and celebration. I went with (cup)cake and celebration. The sketch for my card came from Inspire Create Challenge #135. For my colors, I went with TGIF Challenges #406. They provided some interesting colors, Tahitian Tide, Smoky Slate and Gorgeous Grape.

The Tahitian Tide DSP was my jumping off point for my card. I cut a 2 7/8" by 5 1/4" piece of DSP. I layered it onto a 3" by 5 3/8" piece of Smoky Slate cardstock. This was glued to a Gorgeous Grape card base.

Using the Detailed Birthday Edgelits dies (ret), I cut the cupcakes from the In-Color Glimmer Paper. I attached the cupcakes to a 1 5/8" by 4 1/8" strip of Smoky Slate cardstock. The strip was glued to the card front.

I cut a out Gorgeous Grape label using the Something Fancy dies. I then embossed it with a retired embossing folder that looked like frame and confetti. I don't know the name of it. I then glued it to the card front.

I cut a Gorgeous Grape scalloped circle and a white circle using the Layering Circle dies. The cupcake from the Birthday Cheer stamp set (ret) was stamped on a scrap of white and another on a piece of the Hues of Happiness DSP. Both were fussy-cut and I glued just the cupcake paper to the white cupcake. I colored the sprinkles with Tahitian Tide blends and added Wink of Stella to the frosting. The circles were layered and glued to the card. the cupcake was attached with dimensionals.

The sentiment from Birthday Bonanza (ret) was stamped with Gorgeous Grape ink and attached with dimensionals to the card. I finished the card with a bow made with Tahitian Tide In-Color Baker's Twine.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. You can also See me on Facebook  and  Check me out on Instagram

Be sure to check out the other entries in these great challenges.

Happy Stamping!




2 comments:

  1. Those glitter cupcake outlines are a perfect addition to this sweet card. Thanks so much for playing with us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you combined those colours on your card Suzanne and how you've used our 2 elements. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete