Sunday, February 19, 2023

PP628 and Shaded Summer

Hello Everyone, It is Sunday once again and The Paper Players have another great challenge for you to take part in. 


I Picked the Shaded Summer stamp set this week for my main image. I pulled out the Charming Sentiments for my greeting and a piece of the Design a Daydream DSP in Blackberry Bliss. 


For this week's challenge, Claire has a Clean-and Simple Theme Challenge. We are challenged to make a CAS  card with a Get Well Wish. Lately, I have been in need of cards that lift people up more as an emotional Get Well rather than a physical one. 

The Paper Players Team have some fabulous cards to provide you with some inspiration. Visit the Challenge page to see what everyone has created.


I stamped the sentiment from the Charming Sentiment stamp set with Versamark onto black cardstock. It was embossed with white embossing powder and cut out using the Sentiment Silhouettes dies. 

For the card front I used the two large floral stamps from the Shaded Summer stamp set. I used the Stamparatus and did some masking. I started by stamping the the largest bouquet near the center of a3 7/8" by 5 1/8" piece of white cardstock. I taped over the long stem while inking the stamp with black ink so the stem would not be on the card.

I made a mask for the top portion of the large stamp and used it to cover the stamped image before stamping the smaller floral stamp. I stamped this smaller stamp set, fitting it in the top right corner. 

I repositioned this stamp on the Stamparatus, turning the stamp upside down. There was some slight overlapping of the stems that would be covered by the sentiment so I didn't worry about masking this part.

I colored the flowers and leaves using Blackberry Bliss, Old Olive and So Saffron blends. The card front was layered onto a 4" by 5 1/4" piece of the Blackberry Bliss Design a Daydream DSP. This was then attached to a thick white card base. The sentiment was attached using dimensionals.

I hope you join us at The Paper Players this week. We would love to see what you create for this Clean-and-Simple Challenge. You can enter your project from now until noon PST on Friday, February 24, 2023. See all the rules and requirements on the challenge page.




6 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Suzy! Blackberry Bliss is a gorgeous color. This card will definitely lift the spirits of the recipient. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suzy, this is gorgeous! I love Blackberry Bliss and this beautiful floral grouping and your coloring is fabulous! This is the perfect sentiment, too! You made my challenge shine this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gorgeous Suzy! I love how he rich color pops on the clean background. Such beautiful inspiration for this stamp set. Have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This get-well card would lift anyone's spirits! The deep rich colors are really pretty with this image!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Suzy! I would definitely be lifted if I received this beautiful card. I love your idea of a card to assist with emotional healing.
    Xoxo, Fran

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that sentiment Suzy - so reassuring and your diagonal stamping is very neat. A beautiful and uplifting CAS get well card!

    ReplyDelete