Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Water Coloring

Happy Hump Day!

For today's card I tried a little water coloring. Sunday Stamps Challenge #303 Spring Dreaming provided a cheerful palette of blue and greens. I combined their challenge with CASE-ing Tuesday Sketches #397. They picked a card from page 54 in the January- April Mini Catalog to work with. 

I cut a 3 1'3" by 5" piece of Soft Sea Foam cardstock and embossed it with the Timeworn Type folder. I glued this to the front of a notecard.

For the water coloring, I used Water Painters and Shimmer White cardstock. From top to bottom the colors I used were, Balmy Blue, Soft Sea Foam, Garden Green and Granny Apple Green. 

I used the grass stamp from the Happy Hedgehogs stamp set and Granny Apple ink stamped off on the Granny Apple Green section.

I used Bermuda Bay ink and the splatters from the quiet Meadows stamp set to add "flowers" to the Garden Green section. I cut the cardstock to 3 1/2" by 2 3/4" and glued it to the card front.

I cut a 3 1/2" by 1/2" piece of the Granny Apple Green Dandy Designs DSP and glued it to the card front.

I used a few strands of the Threaded Twine tied into a bow and attached that to the card front.

The sentiment from the Warm Welcome stamp set was stamped three times with Granny Apple Green ink. I cut them out and attached them to the card front with dimensionals.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. You can also See me on Facebook  and  Check me out on Instagram

Be sure to check out the other entries in these great challenges.

Happy Stamping! 






 




3 comments:

  1. Such a cool design! Love the watercolored panel. Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamp, hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful watercoloring in our color combo!! I love the repeated sentiment...really packs a punch!! So glad you joined the fun and played along with us over at Sunday Stamps!! -Deb Horst, DT #SSC303

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so sweet, Suzy! I love the edges of each layer of watercolor - perfect for your Spring landscape! Watercolor wash is always my favorite! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete