Monday, March 6, 2023

Delightful Slimline

Retro Rubber Challenge #201 had a Tic Tac Toe board to work from this time. The elements I pulled from their board were DSP, layers and slimline.  Colour Inkspiration #138 had a great color challenge to play with and create.


For today's card, I went with a stamp set from 2020, Thoughtful Blooms and its coordinating punch, Small Blooms. I combined it with some current products.

I started by making a Daffodil Delight slimline card base that measures 8 1/2" by 3 1/2". I found this card sketch at Stampin Pretty. It is so fun, I loved the diagonal front. To cut the diagonal pieces, I started with a rectangle measuring 8 1/4" by 3 1/4", then cut corner to corner. 

I saw a very helpful YouTube video about how to emboss large pieces without getting an unsightly seam by StampHappyNZ Genius! I used the Hive 3D embossing folder on the Daffodil Delight triangle. After embossing it, I glued it to the bottom portion of my card. 

I cut a Daffodil Delight piece of Design A Daydream DSP the same as above and glued it to the top of the card front. 

I cut an the largest oval from the Stiched Shaped dies (ret) from white cardstock. I stamped the leaf bundle from the Thoughtful Blooms stamp set (ret) using Granny Apple Green Ink. I stamped the dots with Tahitian Tide ink. The oval was glued to the center of the card front.

The two-step flowers were stamped with Highland Heather ink. Stamping off with the fill stamp. These were cut out using the Small Blooms Punch (ret). I attached these with dimensionals. I colored some Classic Matte Dots with the dark Daffodil Delight blend and attached them to the flower centers.

The sentiment from Special Moments stamp set (ret) was stamped with Granny Apple Green ink onto a 1/2 inch white strip. I flagged the ends and attached it with dimensionals. I added a Tahitian Tide Baker's Twine bow.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. You can also See me on Facebook  and  Check me out on Instagram

Be sure to check out the other entries in these great challenges.

Happy Stamping! 




1 comment:

  1. Wow, this is delicate and gorgeous, and makes for a brilliant slimline! Love these colors together! Thanks so much for playing at Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete