Sunday, March 5, 2023

Playing in the Rain

Hey All, It is Sunday and that means it is time for a great challenge over at The Paper Players. This week is a Theme Challenge brought to us by Joanne. The theme is Easter. For the layout of my card I went to Freshly Made Sketches #575. Karren provided a versatile sketch to work with. 



The Paper Players team have some very creative cards to give you some inspiration. Stop by the Challenge page to see what everyone has created. While you're there feel free to drop us a little note.

I started with the dotted piece of the Dandy Designs DSP that measured 2" by 5 1/4". This was glued to the right side of a Coastal Cabana cardbase.   A 2" by 5 1/4" piece of the plaid patterned DSP was layered onto a 2 1/16" by 5 1/4" piece of Fresh Freesia cardstock. This was glued to the left side of the cardbase, overlapping the dotted paper slightly.   the bunny from the Playing in the Rain stamp set was stamped with black ink and cut using the coordinationg dies, I used Fresh Freesia and Petal Pink blends to color. Using the Layering Circle dies I cut a scalloped circle out of Fresh Freesia card stock and a white circle. Balmy Blue ink was blended to the circle to add some color. I used the grass stamp from the Happy Hedgehogs stamp set and Granny Apple Green ink to the circle. The two circles were glued together and the bunny was added with dimensionals.    The sentiment from Bunny Buddies Paper Pumpkin was stamped with Coastal Cabana ink and cut out using the Floral Gallery dies. It was attached with dimensionals. I cut a 9" length of Fresh Freesia Open Weave Ribbon lengthwise and tied it into a bow. This was attached to the card with a glue dot.

I hope you join us at The Paper Players this week. We would love to see what you create for this Theme Challenge. You can enter your project from now until noon PST on Friday, March 10, 2023. See all the rules and requirements on the challenge page.













9 comments:

  1. SO cute! I think we'll all be using that Dandy Designs DSP for years to come....fun patterns and so much of it! Your bunny looks so happy and cheerful, he makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable, Suzy! What a wonderful pairing of papers! I love the subtle hues and that adorable bunny. Such a joyful card! Have an awesome week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This bunny is just too sweet! Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love this bunny! Adorable card! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the cutest bunny! I love the DSP and all the mix of patterns. This card will brighten someone's day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the dancing rabbit! Perfect color combination! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, Suzy, this card just makes me smile! Love this little bunny and the fab mix of patterns. Super fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Suzy I love the fresh colours of your dsp panels and that bunny is so cute! Perfect for our Easter theme!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Suzy, I love these gorgeous spring colors and that little tiny, perfectly tied ribbon, is the perfect finishing touch. Fabulous card
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete