Sunday, March 19, 2023

Pansy Patch

Today's card was inspired by two challenges. One for color and the other for the Sketch. Hand Stamped Sentiments #409 was a sketch challenge. CAS Challenge #506 is all about colors. The colors were Highland Heather, Daffodil Delight and Parakeet Party.

These colors seemed perfect for making pansies, my favorite flower. so I pulled out the Pansy Patch stamp set. This set has a lot of options for making the pansies. Due to the sketch I opted for the small pansies.

This was a two step process for these flowers. I started with the outline stamp at full strentgh in both Daffodil Delight and Highland Heather. The second fill stamp was stamped off. The center was stamped with black ink, stamped off. The coordinating, Pansy dies were used to cut the flowers out. 

The leaves were also a two-step process. I used Parakeet Party ink. They were also cut with the dies.


To make the arch, I pulled out a blast from the past. Yes I still have a couple of these Bigz Dies. I cut the arch and trimmed off 3/4" at the bottom. I then embossed the arch using the textured Classic 3D embossing folder.

I cut a 3 1/4" by 3/4" piece of Daffodil Delight cardstock and embossed it with the Hive embossing folder. I glued both embossed pieces to the front of a thick white card base. The flowers and leaves were adhered to the arch using glue and dimensionals. 

The sentiment from the Pansy Patch stamp set wa stamped with black ink.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. You can also See me on Facebook  and  Check me out on Instagram

Be sure to check out the other entries in these great challenges.

Happy Stamping!







8 comments:

  1. How lovely. The texture adds so much dimension to this pretty card. Thank you for joining us at HSS this round. Cheers, Jolanda - DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful, and great tips for stamping with that set! Love these colors together for sure! Thanks so much for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful serene card - I love your take on our sketch and that die is just perfect for our arch. Thanks for playing with us at HSS

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those pretty pansies Suzy and your textured panels are the perfect backdrop. Thanks for sharing with us over at CAS Colours & Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice card! That textured panel is a perfect background for the pretty pansies!! Thanks for playing along at CAS Colours & Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely card, Suzy! I especially love the pretty pansies! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card, Suzy. Love all the details of the card, especially for the textured background. Thank you for playing along with CC&S challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow....this is a stunner! I don't ever remember that arch die but I have some of those olders ones too! It's perfect for the sketch...love everything about this! It sings spring!

    ReplyDelete