Monday, March 20, 2023

Scrap Stash

Two of the challenges I regularly follow have a similar challenge. As You See It Challenge #294 is getting us started with Spring Cleaning. They asked the crafter to dig into their stash and use items that are laying around. SUOnly Challenge #322 is titled Scraps. They asked us to use our scraps. I pulled in another challenge for my card sketch. Paper Craft Crew Card Sketch #509 is a versatile card sketch.  


When I saw these scrap challenges, I went to my box of Christmas "parts". I use photo boxes to keep this bits and pieces organized. On the top of the box I found  Feels like Frost DSP from a few years back. I always have thin strips leftover with the 6" papers.



Most of the scraps were 1"-2" wide. I used the paper cutter to cut the papers in halves and thirds diagonally so they were all about the same width. 

I pulled out some jewel tone cardstock measuring about 4 3/" by 3 1/2". Starting at one end I started gluing the strips to the cardstock leaving about one millimeter of space in between.

When dry I cut off the extra ends. These striped rectangles were glue to a slightly larger piece of cardstock to make a border. This process was easily done and I was able to get through some shows on the DVR.

For the card I am sharing today, I went with Night of Navy cardstock. I went vertical for the Paper Craft Crew Challenge. 

I wrapped the striped cardfront with the Night of Navy Bordered Ribbon and tied it with a bow. This was layered onto a 3 3/4" by 5" piece of Silver Foil. All of these was adhered to a Night of Navy card base.

The sentiment from the Itty Bitty Christmas stamp set (ret). I used Night of Navy ink. The Something Fancy dies were used to cut it out. I attached it with dimensionals.



I ended up making five cards. 
 

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. You can also See me on Facebook  and  Check me out on Instagram

Be sure to check out the other entries in these great challenges.

Happy Stamping!



6 comments:

  1. Such a great technique for using up the pretty bits of DSP that well all accumulate. I'm impressed that you even organise your bits!! Well done, you! Thanks for joining us at As You See It.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are amazing!! Love them all!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I always loved that DSP! And you've given it a whole new life here. I love the contrasting colours that really highlight it! Thanks for spring cleaning with us at As You See It Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so beautiful - a great way to use up those lovely strips of dsp. Thanks for joining our spring cleaning at As You See It challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these so much, Suzy! What a fab way to use up some fun scraps, this was one of my all-time fave DSPs! Thanks so much for playing at As You See It!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, Suzy, WOW! Your cutting and alignment is perfect. As always, thank you so much for participating with us at SUOChallenges.com and we look forward to seeing you again tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete