Sunday, March 19, 2023

PP632 and Flowering Tulips

 Hi All, 

There is a new challenge at The Paper Players that begins today. Here is a sneak peak at my card. I am using the Flowering Tulips stamp set this week.


Ann has a Clean and Simple challenge this week with a theme of Spring has Sprung. We would like you to feature a flower on your card and don't forget to keep it clean and simple.                                         The Paper Players team have made some cards to give you some inspiration. Stop by the challenge blog to see them. While you are there feel free to leave us a comment. We love to hear from you! 

I started by stamping the flowers on a 3 1/4" by 3 1/2" piece of white cardstock with Sweet Sorbet ink. This is a two step flower. I stamped the larger stamp in full strength and the second stamp was stamped off or second generation. Next, I stamped the leaves and stems using Pear Pizzazz ink. 

 Sweet Sorbet Baker's Twine was wrapped around the bottom of the cardstock and tied into a bow. 

This was layered onto a 3 1/2" by 3 1/4" piece of Sweet Sorbet cardstock. These layers were glued to the left side of a thick white card base.

The sentiment from the Beautifully Happy stamp set (ret) was stamped with Sweet Sorbet ink onto a 1/2 inch strip of white cardstock. It was attached to the card front with dimensionals.

I hope you join us at The Paper Players this week. We would love to see what you create in this Clean and Simple Spring has Sprung Challenge. You can enter your project anytime between now and noon PST on Friday, March 24, 2023. See all the guidelines and requierements on the challenge page.



7 comments:

  1. Clean and beautiful, Suzy! Sweet Sorbet is a perfect color for tulips. I love all of the white space. Thank you for an amazing inspiration card. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were clearly in the same wheelhouse with our tulips this week Suzy! Your red trip is gorgeous and I love the addition of the twine too. A fabulous CAS card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! Perfectly spring and perfectly CAS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Suzy, I love your beautiful tulips. The bright red pops against the white background. Fabulous spring card
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Suzy, I was wishing I had a stamp set with tulips for this challenge! Your CAS card is beautiful and happy and I love the addition of the red/white bakers twine tie.
    Xoxo, Fran

    ReplyDelete
  6. Suzy, red tulips are my favorite flower! Your card shouts Spring and I love how the red pops off the white! CAS perfection! Have a great weekend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Suzy! This sure is pretty. I love red tulips and completely forgot I had this set until I saw your card (and your swap card, too!). This is CAS Spring Perfection right here!

    ReplyDelete