Sunday, March 26, 2023

PP633


Today begins the new challenge at The Paper Players I hope you all will join us. I used the Hello Ladybug stamp set and sime bright patterned paper. Oh, and a fun new embossing folder.


Anne Marie is bringing us a versatile sketch challenge this week. This is a great sketch that could be used for any occasion and showcase many different techniques and products. 

The Paper Players Design team have created some cards to give you some inspiration. You can visit the blog by clicking the link above. While you are there drop us a note, we would love to hear from you. 

I knew I wanted to use the ladybug on my card, so I wanted to use some paper that had some red. I pulled out the Fresh Freesia floral print from the Flowers and More DSP. 

I layered a 4" by 5 1/4" piece of Sweet Sorbet cardstock onto a Tahitian Tide card base. I added a 1 1/4" by 4" strip of the DSP and an embossed 1 1/2" by 4 1/4" piece of Tahitian Tide cardstock. The dotted Classic 3D embossing folder was used. 

I cut an almost 2" white circle using the Layering Circle dies. The flowers from the Hello Ladybug stampset were stamped on the circle with Tahitian Tide ink.

The ladybug was stamped with black and Sweet Sorbet ink then punched out with the Ladybug Builder punch. The wings of the ladybug were adhered with dimensionals. The bug was attached to the circle. 

The sentiment was stamped with black ink onto a 1/2" strip. The ends were flagged and then attached to the card with dimensionals. 

Three Classic Matte Dots were colored with a Daffodil Delight blend.  They were added to the card front. 

Here is another card using this sketch.

I hope you join us at The Paper Players this week. We would love to see what you create with this fun sketch. You can enter your project anytime between now and noon PST on Friday, March 31, 2023. See all the guidelines and requirements on the challenge page. 

9 comments:

  1. Suzy I love both of your cards! The bright colours are my favourite and the combination of DSP and EF works really well - especially because on both cards the EF picks up other aspects of the design, eg. The ladybird spots, so ties in perfectly. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joanne, I didn't really think about how the paper and embossing played off each other. A happy coincidence.

      Delete
  2. Both cards are adorable, and a perfect way to show off this sketch. However, the bright and cheery colors on the ladybug card make my heart sing! Love, love, love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ann, I wasn't so sure about that bright red over the blue at first, in the end I think it worked.

      Delete
  3. They're both adorable, so full of vibrant colors and cute images! That lady bug is the sweetest, but the little bunny touched my heart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks LeAnne. I like that little bunny too.

      Delete
  4. I just love this happy card! The bright colors and that ladybug make me smile! Your little bunny is the cutest, too! Way to rock this sketch! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love both of your cards this week, Suzy! Heaven knows we could use a bit of bright spring colors, so thess made me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darling cards, Suzy! Love the bright and cheery colors and patterns on your ladybug card. That little bunny comes from one of my favorite sets EVER and I was so happy to see you share a card with her. Squee!! SO cute!

    ReplyDelete