Tuesday, March 14, 2023

Blending and Embossing

Good Morning, Hope you all are well and recovering from that lost hour of sleep. Today I have a fun card that uses a couple of useful techniques. Just Add Ink #643 has a Just Choose Two Challenge this week. You could pick from Blending-Embossing-White. I went with Blending and Embossing and White.

I started by blending Shaded Spruce ink onto a 5 1/8" by 3 7/8" piece of the Flowers and More Host DSP. I wanted this to look like a flower covered field. I layered this onto a 5 5/16" by 4 1/16" piece of Orchid Oasis cardstock.

I embbossed a 5 1/8" by 1 7/8" piece of white cardstock using the Into the Clouds embossing folder. I used thecurved Basic Borer dies to cut the bottom of the sky layer. I used a blending brush and Island Indigo ink to add some color. This was glued to the top of the card front.

The geese were heat embossed with black powder and fussy cut. I colored the beaks and feet with Pumpkin Pie blends and attached them to the card with dimensionals.

I stamped the sentiment with black ink and glued it to a scrap of Island Indigo cardstock. I used a heart form the Give it a Whirl dies, centering the sentiment. I attached this to the card with dimensionals. A Baker's Twine bow was added to the heart.


Thanks for stopping by my blog today. You can also 
See me on Facebook  and  Check me out on Instagram

Be sure to check out the other entries in this great challenge.

Happy Stamping! 


  



2 comments:

  1. Such a fun card Suzy! I love your mix of embossing and DSP! Your ink blending really adds a fantastic look to the DSP. Thanks for playing along this week at Just Add Ink. Rochelle xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cute little card. It really makes you smile. Chantell Just Add Ink

    ReplyDelete