Sunday, March 5, 2023

Green Shamrocks

I have another St. Patrick's Day card to share today. This one is inspired by two challenges, one for colors and theme, the other for the sketch. At Just Add Ink Challenge #642, Kim has a sketch challenge to play with this week. Shades of Green and St. Patrick's Day is the theme and colors from Stampin' Up! Only Challenge #321.

I picked two greens from the Flowers and More Host DSP. I started with a 4 1/4" by 5 1/2" piece of the Parakeet Party DSP. I glued this to a thick white card base. 

I cut a 1" by 5 1/2" strip of the Shaded Spruce DSP and glued this to the left side of the card front.

Using the Stylish Shapes dies I cut a Shaded Spruce square using the next to the smallest die. I used the Stitched Greenery die to add some texture. I cut this square in half and glued one half to the card front. 

I cut a white square with the smallest die. and stamped it with the small shamrocks from the Lucky Clover stamp set using Parakeet Party ink. I glued this square to the Shaded Spruce Square.

I stamped the middle sized shamrock using Shadded Spruce ink and fussy-cut it. I attached it to the whits square with a dimansional.

The sentiment was stamped with Shaded Spruce ink and cut with the Stylish Shapes dies. I cut a banner out of Shaded Spruce and layered it behind the sentiment. I glued it to the card front.  I added a clear Elegant Faceted Gem to the banner.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. You can also See me on Facebook  and  Check me out on Instagram

Be sure to check out the other entries in these great challenges.

Happy Stamping! 



5 comments:

  1. Suzy what an adorable card! May the luck of the Irish be with you! Fiona, Just Add Ink

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card!! Love all the green!! TFS at SUOC!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great St. Paddy's Day card, Suzy! Love the mix of stripes and the green colors, this all came together wonderfully. Thanks for playing along with us at SUO Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you boldly mixed our greens. We always love your projects at SUOChallenges.com and hope that you join us again tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the background paper you made with the small shamrocks. Perfect touch on your focal layer.

    ReplyDelete