Wednesday, March 8, 2023

Timeless Tulips

Hello All,

 Happy International Women's Day. Although I didn't plan it,, it is fitting that today I have a Mother's Day card to share. My card was inspired by the As You See It Challenge #293: Recipe in Pinks and Pearls. For these challenge they gave you 5 elements that you must use. 

I used the Timeworn Type embossing folder with a 4" by 5 1/4" piece of white cardstock. I roughed it up with a bone folder and scissors and then added just a bit of Flirty Flamingo ink on a sponge dauber. This was glued to a Soft Sea Foam card base.

I cut a 2 1/4" by 4 1/4" piece of the Flirty Flamingo Rain or Shine DSP and layered it onto  2 3/8" by 4 3/8" piece of Soft Sea Foam cardstock. This was glued to the right side of the card front.

I cut a vellum and a Soft Sea Foam tag using the Tailor Made dies. The tulips were cut from Flirty Flamingo and Blushing Bride cardstock using the Tulip dies. I blended the flowers with Flirty Flamingo ink to add some depth of color. Then folded and glued the tulips.

I cut the leaves and stems out of Sea Foam Green cardstock using the Tulip dies. I arranged the flowers onto the vellum tag then layered this onto the Soft Sea Foam tag. The whole thing was added to the card fron with dimensionals.

The sentiment from the Flowering Tulips stamp set was gold embossed onto white card stock and attached with dimensionals. I added a gold Simply Elegant Trim bow and some Heart Pearls. 


Thanks for stopping by my blog today. You can also See me on Facebook  and  Check me out on Instagram

Be sure to check out the other entries in this great challenge.

Happy Stamping! 


4 comments:

  1. Who doesn't love tulips for spring? Pretty pinks and great texture and distressing! Thanks for cooking up our recipe at As You See It Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'm in love with those 3D tulips! Fabulous! I'm also a big fan of the tags and embossing folder. What a great use of the given elements. Thanks for joining us at As You See It Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suzy this is smashing! I love those diecut tulips - they have so much dimension! Great combination of the other elements in the background too. Thanks for playing our recipe challenge over at As You See It!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh I love these tulips! This card is so perfect, and a great take on our recipe - the lovely soft colors just sing together! Thanks so much for playing at As You See It!

    ReplyDelete