Sunday, March 12, 2023

PP631 and Playing in the Rain

Hi Everyone, 

Here we are at Sunday again and another fun challenge with The Paper Players.  Here is a sneak peak at my card. It seems I can't get enough of these cute little critters in the Playing in the Rain stamp set.


This week LeAnne is bringing a bright color challenge, perfect for a cheerful card full of sunshine. The colors she picked for us are Daffodil Delight, Granny Apple Green, Tahitian Tide and White. 


The Paper Players team have some very creative cards to give you some inspiration. Stop by the Challenge page to see what everyone has created. While you're there feel free to drop us a little note, we love to hear from you!

The sketch for my card was inspired by CASE-ing Tuesday Sketches #398.

I started by cutting a 4 1/4" by 5 1/2" Daffodil Delight kite pattern from Design a Daydream Host DSP. This was glued to a thick white card base. Next I cut a 2 1/2" by 4 7/8" piece of Tahitian Tide cardstock. I cut the bottom at an angle with the laft side 1/2" shorter than the right. I embossed this piece with the Into the Clouds folder then glued it to the card front. 

I cut the largest square from the Stylish Shapes dies out of white cardstock. I blended the three colors of ink to make a landscape. I used the grass stamp from the Silly Goose stamp set amd Granny Apple Green ink to the bottom portion of the square. 

I Stamped the turtle with black ink and colored it using Grnny Apple Green and Daffodil Delight blends. I fussy cut around hid arm to remove the flower. The turtle was added to the card with dimensionals.

The kite and ties were cut using the coordinating dies using cardstock from the three challenge colors. The patterned paper for the kite is from Flowers and More Host DSP. I glued on the kite and ties while adding a piece of black Baker's Twine as a kite string. 

The sentiments were from the By My Side and Sweet Songbird stamp sets. They were both stamped with Granny Apple Green ink onto white cardstock. I attached them with dimensionals. 

I added some Loose Daisy Embellishments to make a field of flowers.

I hope you join us at The Paper Players this week. We would love to see what you create for this Color Challenge. You can enter your project from now until noon PST on Friday, March 17, 2023. See all the rules and requirements on the challenge page.


6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh...this is so stinkin' cute! That little turtle and his kite are perfect for the colors! The embossed background adds to the windy feel, but the FLOWERS!!!! Perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suzy this is adorable. I love how you tied the kite from the background to the focal image. Your little flowers are wonderful and add another fabulous touch of texture. Love it!
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet is that little turtle! He makes me smile! Love the kite back ground paper, too! The flowers and so sweet, too! Perfect for our colors this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Suzy your kite-flying turtle is just adorable! I love the addition of the embossed panel and those dainty flowers - fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Suzy, this card just makes me smile! Love this little guy, he's "turt-ally adorable". The little flowers are the cutest detail, too. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable, Suzy! Using the kite paper background with the kite is so cute! The dainty daisies steal the show along with the cloud embossed panel. A fun card for sure!

    ReplyDelete