Monday, March 27, 2023

Flowers of Friendship

Happy Monday, 

I have a busy week ahead of me doing non-stamping work. Hopefully I'll have time to get some Easter cards made and mailed. For my card today, I used Sunday Stamps #305 bright and cheerful Color Challenge. TGIF Challenge #413 had a Product Challenge of using vellum this week that added to my sketch.  The sketch came from CASEing the Catty Sunday Challenge. They asked that a card on page 38 in the Jan-Apr mini be CASEd.

I started by stamping the flower stem on the vellum with Parakeet Part ink and heat embossing it with clear powder. I used the 2 5/8" by 3 15/16" stitched Rectangle die to cut the vellum and a piece of white cardstock.

I stamped the flowers from the Flowers of Friendship stamp set with Sweet Sorbet ink. The leaves were stamped with Parakeet Party ink. I colored them with corresponding blends and punched the out using the Flowers and Leaves punch These were attached to the vellum with glue and dimensionals. The Vellum was then glued to the white rectangle.

I cut a 5 1/4" by 4" piece of Blamy Blue Country Gingham DSP. I cut a 1/2" by 5 1/4" strip of Smoky Slate cardstock and glued it to to the card. I wrapped some Sweet Sorbet Baker's Twine around this piece and tied it in a bow. I layered this onto a Smoky Slate card base.

The flowered rectangle was attached to the card with dimensionals. Balmy Blue Pastel Adhesive-Backed Sequins were added to the flowers. The sentiment from the Charming Sentiment stamp set with Smoky Slate ink and cut out with the coordinating, Sentiment Silhouettes dies. This was added to the card with dimensionals. 

You can also See me on Facebook  and  Check me out on Instagram

Be sure to check out the other entries in these fun challenges.

Happy Stamping!





3 comments:

  1. Love that sentiment...we all need this reminder!! Your arrangement of flowers is perfect for our "sweet treats" color challenge over at Sunday Stamps!! Thanks for joining the fun and playing along with us. -Deb Horst, DT #SSC305

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love this sentiment and the beautiful flowers! Such a great way to use our color combo! Such an uplifting reminder, Suzy! Thank you for joining us at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, how lovely! I love your fresh bright colors that just sing! Thanks for joining Sunday Stamps this week.

    ReplyDelete