Thursday, March 9, 2023

Hydrangea Haven

I have combined a sketch challenge and a color challenge for today's card. TGIF Challenge #410 provided three colors perfect for Spring flowers. The colors are Highland Heather, Pear Pizzazz and Blushing Bride. Amy's sketch from Sunday Stamps Challenge #304 helped me narrow my focus and led me to my paper choices. I tried a new to me technique for this card. I heat embossed on watercolor paper.

I started by cutting a 4 1/4" by 5 1/2 " piece of the Highland Heather Hydrangea Hill DSP (ret). I attached it to a Pear Pizzazz card base. I used the Stitched Rectangle dies to cut another piece of the DSP. It was layered onto a 2 1/4" by 4 1/8" piece of Pear Pizzazz cardstock. I glued this to the covered card base.

For the flowers and leaves, I used the Hydrangea stamp set and dies. I started by heat embossing them on watercolor paper using white embossing powder. I them used the Water Painters to color them with the challenge colors. when dry, I cut them out with the dies. I arranged them into a cluster on the card front.

The sentiment from the Hydrangea stamps was embossed with white powder onto Pear Pizzazz cardstock. I layered it onto some Blushing Bride Grosgrain Ribbon (ret) then attached it to the card front with dimensionals.

A few Pastel Pearls were added to finish the card.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. You can also See me on Facebook  and  Check me out on Instagram

Be sure to check out the other entries in these great challenges.

Happy Stamping! 



 


3 comments:

  1. So pretty! Love the colors that you've used and those flowers are so sweet. Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps, hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Suzy! I also started heat embossing on watercolor paper a little while back and I love it too! Makes coloring so much easier and like your hydrangeas, so soft and pretty! Thank you for sharing your lovely card with us at SUNDAY STAMPS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cluster of watercolored flowers is so very pretty!! Love the idea of heat embossing white on white for coloring...perfect!! Thanks for joining the fun and playing along with our sketch challenge @ Sunday Stamps!! Your take on our sketch is so pretty!! -Deb Horst, DT #SSC304

    ReplyDelete