Thursday, April 6, 2023

Hydrangea Haven

Today's card was inspired by the colors from Creative Colour Challenge #83. The colors provided are Highland Heather, Soft Succulent and Evening Evergreen. I immediately thought of hydrangeas when I saw these colors. The sketch for my card was provided by #30daycrazyfarewellchallenge Day 6 I See a Sketch. Again today, I am using items that are soon retiring. Highland Heather cardstock and inks are the only things on this card that will be staying with us.

I stamped the flower and stem from Hydrangea Haven stamp set with VersaMark onto watercolor paper and embossed with white embossing powder. I used the Water Painters with Highland Heather and Soft Succulent inks.

I cut a 2 1/2" by 4 1/2" piece of the green striped Pansy Petals DSP (ret) and flagged one end. This was glued to a Soft Succulent card base.

I used the Hydrangea dies to cut the watercolored pieces. I also cut the leaves from Evening Evergreen and the blossoms from Highland Heather. All elements were glued to the card, except for the large flower that got dimensionals.

The sentiment was stamped with evening Evergreen and cut out by hand. This was added to the card with dimensionals.

I added some Pastel Pearls and a Succulent Open Weave Ribbon to finish off the card. 

Be sure to check out the other entries in these challenges.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. You can also See me on Facebook  and  Check me out on Instagram

Happy Stamping!


  

No comments:

Post a Comment