Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Poppies

Hi all, 

I'm focusing this month on using products that we're saying goodbye to at Stampin' Up! So I looked through my stamps that are leaving for the oldest one for the Retro Rubber Challenge #203. They have a birthday theme happening. Painted Poppies and the coordinating sentiment set Peaceful Moments first appeared in the Jan-June 2020 mini catalog. I used these sets pretty often, especially the Peaceful Moments great sentiments. Day 4 of #30daycrazyfarewellchallenge was a Mix Don't Match Challenge. I switched up the DSP from the gorgeous Peaceful Poppies paper these stamps originally paired with.


I started by embossing a 4" by 5 1/4" piece of Old Olive cardstock with the textured Classics folder. Then adhered it to a Blackberry Bliss card base.

I cut a 2 3/4" by 4 1/4" piece of the striped Design a Daydream DSP and glued it to the card front. 

I cut the circle piece from the Painted Labels dies out of Blackberry Bliss cardstock and attached it to the card front.

The sentiment was stamped with Blackberry Bliss and cut out with the Painted Labels dies. This was attached to the card front.

For the leaves abd flowers, I stamped the splotch from the Painted Poppies stamp set using Old Olive, Blackberry Bliss and Petal Pink ink. Next, I stamped the outlines and heat embossed them with white embossing powder. They were cut out with the Poppy Moments dies and attached to the card front with glue and dimensionals.

I added a bow made with the Old Olive Twill Ribbon and added some Elegant Faceted Gems. 



Be sure to check out the other entries in these challenges.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. You can also See me on Facebook  and  Check me out on Instagram

Happy Stamping!

2 comments:

  1. Another beautiful combo, Suzy - I'm going to miss our poppies! Thanks so much for playing at Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous, I love the colour palette here and the die-cut spiral behind your cluster of flowers. Thanks so much for playing at Retro Rubber this time. Claire DT x

    ReplyDelete