Sunday, April 9, 2023

PP635 and Linen Paper Hydrangea

Happy Easter, 

Today starts a brand new challenge at The Paper Players. So after you have found all the hidden eggs and eaten your chocolate bunny, why not join us in this new challenge.

Joanne is bringing us a great color challenge this week. For this challenge you can use any color in pastel shades. 




The colors I chose to work with were So Saffron, Petal Pink, Soft Seafoam and Early Espresso. In my effort to use my things from Stampin' Up! that are soon to retire, I pulled out the Linen Paper. This is the first time I used it. I liked it. It was easy to work with and works well with stamps and blending brushes. I also liked the fact that it is adhesive backed. 

I cut a 4 1/4" by 5 1/2" piece of Design a Datdream DSP and covered the front of a Petal Pink card base.

I used the Hydrangea Haven stamp set and the Coordinating Hydrangea dies. I stamped the outline of the Flower and the sentiment with Early Espresso. For the color fill, I used Petal Pink and Soft Sea Foam inks.

I used a blending brush and So Saffron ink to add some color in the corners and around the edges of the linen paper. I also added some So Saffron splatters. I removed the backing paper and frayed the edges then adhered the linen to the card front.

The seniment was backed with a piece of Petal Pink cardstock and then cut it out with the dies. I attached the tag to the card front with a dimensional and added a linen thread bow. 

I added some Petal Pink Elegant Faceted Gems.

I hope you join us at The Paper Players this week.We would love to see what you create in this Color Challenge. You can enter your project from now until noon PST on Friday, April 15, 2023. See all the rules and requirements on the Challenge Blog.


Thanks for stopping by and Happy Stamping!







8 comments:

  1. Suzy, this is gorgeous! I love that beautiful hydrangea! One of my favorite flowers! Your blending of the inks is fabulous! Great card for this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suzy, you really made this hydrangea stamp sing. The ink blending is fabulous, and I love the subtle texture
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH. MY. GOSH. This looks amazing on the linen paper! I think I have some of that around somewhere! Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is just beautiful in those pastel shades on linen paper. The blended inks really brought this hydrangea to life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wait! That's linen paper? What a beautiful card - I was inspired to try my hand at inking on fabric, but you're saying this is actually textured paper? Well, anyway, I love the softness of this card, Suzy.
    Xoxo, Fran

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just beautiful Suzy. I never gave the linen paper a second look but I love how you've used it here, the soft vintage feel it gives that stamp is just beautiful. A fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Suzy! This is gorgeous on linen! The image is so soft and lovely. I just found my package of it yesterday...unopened. You have inspired me to experiment. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Suzy, this is STUNNING! I just love the texture from the linen paper. Wow! The frayed edges take this one over-the-top!

    ReplyDelete