Sunday, April 2, 2023

PP634

Hello Everyone, 

Today is Sunday, so that means we have a brand new challenge at The Paper Players. I hope you all will join us with a creation of your own. I used the fun Rhino Ready stamp set and dies, along with some shades of green for my card.


This week, Jaydee is bringing us a Theme Challenge: The Animals Came in 2 by 2. So pull out your favorite animal stamps and show us what you can create. I used the Mirror Image stamping technique to make a couple of twin rhinos.


The Paper Players team have created some very creative cards to give you some inspiration. Stop by the Challenge page to see what everyone has created. While there, leave us a comment we would love to hear from you!

For my card, I started by cutting a piece of the Happy Forest Friends DSP with the largest Stiched Rectangle die. I layered this onto an Old Olive card base.

Using the Rhino Ready stamp set, I stamped the grass on Old Olive cardstock and Mossy Meadow Ink. Then used the coordinating dies to cut them out. The sentiment was stamped on white cardstock with Mossy Meadow ink and cut out with the Stylish Shapes dies.

The rhinos were stamped with black ink onto white card. I colored them with Gray Granite, Ivory and light Tahitian Tide blends. They were cut with the dies.

The trees and ground were cut, using the dies, from Mossy Meadow and Soft Suede cardstock.

All elements were attached to the card front. The Rhinos and sentiment were adhered with dimensionals.

I used some Calypso Coral Fun Flowers Resin Shapes to add some color.


I hope you join us at The Paper Players this week. We would love to see what you create for this Theme Challenge. You can enter your project from now until noon PST on Friday, April 7, 2023. See all the rules and requirements on the Challenge page.


Thanks for stopping by and Happy Stamping!



8 comments:

  1. That is some pretty darn good mirror image stamping....you did an awesome job with those cute little rhinos, and it made for an awesomely cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suzy, I love your little scene. Your rhinos look so happy. I love that textured embossing folder you used to anchor them, too. I agree with LeAnn - fabulous job on the mirror stamping!
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute card, Suzy! Those rhinos! That background! Love it all...
    Xoxo, Fran

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable card. Love how you did the mirror image to create 2 Rhinos. Also that background paper is so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable, Suzy! I love the designer paper you used for the sky. It adds a twist of movement. The mirror stamping is awesome. The Calypso Coral flowers are the perfect little accents.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Suzy this card is fabulous - the mirror stamping is perfect for your cute rhinos! I love the grass and flower embellishments and the way you used that DSP for your background too. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh these rhinos are the best! I love the fun DSP and this fabulous scene! Have a blessed Easter weekend!

    ReplyDelete