Friday, January 20, 2023

A Color Combo and a CASE

Hi all, Today I have a CASE of a card from the new mini catalog that uses the colors of a weekly challenge. For CASE-ing Tuesday Sketches #391 I kept the layout of the card pretty much the same. I changed the colors and the stamps. Creative Colour Challenge #72 provided the colors Fresh Freesia, Night of Navy and Soft Sea Foam. I was excited to be able to use the new Night of Navy Bordered Ribbon.

I started my card with a 4 1/4" by 5 1/2" piece of Fresh Freesia from the Dainty Flowers DSP. I attached this to the front of a Fresh Freesia card base.

I embossed a piece of 3 3/4" by 5" Soft Sea Foam cardstock with the Timeworn Type folder and set this aside. 

I cut a Fresh Freesia circle using the Layering Circle dies- second largest and glued that to the Soft Sea Foam panel. 

I stamped the floral image and sentiment with Night if Navy ink onto white cardstock. The sentiment was cut into a strip and I flagged the ends.

I used wink of Stella to the small flowers and the flower centers while the ink was still wet. This pulled in just enough color. I colored the rest of the image with Soft Sea Foam and Fresh Freesia Blends. I glued the flowers to the circle.

I tied a piece of the Night of Navy Bordered Ribbon around the card front. Then attached the card front to the card base. The sentiment was attached with dimensionals.

Opal Rounds were added to finish off the card.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. You can also See me on Facebook  and  Check me out on Instagram

Be sure to check out the other entries in these fun challenges.

Happy Stamping! 







1 comment:

  1. Such a beautiful card Suzy. There's a lot going on but all the elements work effortlessly together, just gorgeous. Thank you for joining in with Creative Colour Challenges xx

    ReplyDelete