Saturday, January 7, 2023

Flowering Tulips

I have a card today that gets the colors from Creative Colour Challenges #70. The colors are Merry Merlot, Tahitian Tide and Garden Green. The design of my card was inspired by Erica Cerwin's 3D project from January's All-Star Class Tutorial Bundle. Erica's projects are always truly amazing, I get inspiration from her so often. You can find her at https://pinkbuckaroo.com/

I had planned to use the Happiness Abounds stamp set again today, then I remembered there are no Merry Merlot blends. I pulled out a stamp set that wouldn't require coloring.

I searched for a piece of patterned Merry Merlot paper. 
I found the retired Pressed Petals Specialty DSP. I cut a 3 7/8" by 5 1/8" piece and attached it to a 4" by 5 1/4" piece of Garden Green cardstock. Then glued that to a Merry Merlot card base.

I used the Flowering Tulip stamp set and Merry Merlot, Tahitian Tide and Garden Green inks to stamp the flowers and leaves. I cut them out using the Tulips dies.

I cut a rectangle of white cardstock using the Scalloped Contour dies and stamped the sentiment using Merry Merlot ink. This was attached to the card front with dimensionals.

I arranged the flowers and leaves on the scalloped rectangle using glue and dimensionals. 

I colored the white Crinkled Seam Binding with Tahitian Tide dark blend to make a bow. I finished the card with Heart Pearls.


Thanks for stopping by my blog today. You can also See me on Facebook  and  Check me out on Instagram

Be sure to check out the other entries in this fun challenge.

Happy Stamping!


No comments:

Post a Comment