Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Adorable Owl Valentine

Hello All

Today I have a card that will be given to a sweet little girl. I brought together two challenges, some cute patterned paper and an adorable owl. The sketch for my card is from TGIF Challenges #403. TIC-Tac-Toe Challenge #192 inspired the elements I picked for the card. I used the top row of elements for my card; vellum, hearts and embossing.



I started by cutting a 5 1/2" by 4 1/4" piece of Petal Pink Country Floral Lane DSP and glued that to a Sweet Sorbet card base. I cut a 4 7/8" by 2 3/4" piece of the Sweet Sorbet DSP and glued that to the card front.

I used the Stitched rectangle dies to cut the white cardstock and used the Gingham embossing folder (ret) to add texture. I used the Heart Pack punch to cut a heart from Vellum. I glued the rectangle and the heart to the card front.

The Adorable Owl was stamped with black ink onto white cardstock. I colored the owl with Smoky Slate, Pumpkin Pie and Balmy Blue blends. The owl was fussy-cut and attached to the heart with dimensionals. I used the smallest heart from the Give it a Whirl dies to cut out a Sweet Sorbet heart. It was glued to the owl's wing.

The sentiment from the Catching Butterflies stamp set (ret) was stamped in Sweet Sorbet ink onto white card and I flagged the ends. This was attached with dimensionals and I added a Sweet Sorbet Baker's Twine bow.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. You can also See me on Facebook  and  Check me out on Instagram

Be sure to check out the other entries in these fun challenges.

Happy Stamping! 





1 comment:

  1. Such a cute card created using both challenges - I love that owl! Thanks for joining us at TGIF Challenges!

    ReplyDelete