Thursday, January 19, 2023

Penguin Celebration

Hello Everyone,

Congratulations to Sunday Stamps on reaching their milestone of 300 Challenges. They asked there entrants to participate in there achievement by making a celebration card in addition to this week's sketch challenge. My card for Sunday Stamps Challenge #300 brings both challenges together. My card is also inspired by a great little girl who will be celebrating her 4th birthday soon with a penguin theme.

I started by cutting a piece of the Rain or Shine Specialty DSP with the Stitched Rectangle dies. I bordered that with a slightly larger piece of Night of Navy cardstock. This was glued to a Melon Mambo Card base.

I stamped the penguin with black and Mango Melody ink using the Penguin Place stamp set (ret). I used the Penguin Builder punch and attached it to the card front with dimensionals.

I used the Balloon Bouquet punch to cut out the balloons using Hues of Happiness DSP, Mango Melody and Melon Mambo cardstock. Theses were attached using glue and dimensionals. I attached the white twine with glue and tape.

The sentiment from Bonanza Buddies stamp set (ret) was stamped with Night of Navy ink. I bordered it with a piece of Night of Navy cardstock.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. You can also See me on Facebook  and  Check me out on Instagram

Be sure to check out the other entries in this fun challenge.

Happy Stamping! 



2 comments:

  1. Suzanne, this is such a sweet card, the 4-year old is going to love that cute penguin! Love your take on the sketch and thanks so much for joining us as we celebrate #300!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, the penguin CAN fly, lol, so fun! Love this design, and clever you for making sure his flipper is colored on both sides! Perfect detail! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete