Monday, January 9, 2023

Darling Turtle for PP622

Good Morning All!

Today I have my first entry as a Guest Designer with the Paper Players. It is such n honor to be working with this group of talented stampers! This week Ann has a Theme challenge of adding a tag. 


I took this as a great opportunity to play with some fun, new products available soon from Stampin Up!  The Rain or Shine Suite Collection is just darling. The sweet critters from the Playing in the Rain bundle are just adorable and perfect for Spring cards. I also pulled in some gorgeous patterned paper that can be yours for free during Sale-A-Bration. 

I started with a 4 1/4" by 5" piece of the green Dandy Designs DSP that I attached to a Garden Green card base.

I cut two coordinating pieces of the paper. One measured 3 1/4" by 5 1/2" and the other 2' by 3 1/4". Both of these were layered onto a piece of Fresh Freesia cardstock, 3 3/8" by 5 1/2" and 3 3/8" by 2 1/4". 

I cut a large Garden Green tag using the Tailor Made Tags dies. I cut the little hole accent from Fresh Freesia.

The darling turtle from Playing in the rain Bundle was stamped on white cardstock and cut with the dies. I used Old Olive light blend to color the body. Lt and DK Garden Green for the shell. Fresh Freesia and Pumpkin Pie blends to color the flower.

I made a bow from white Baker's Twine and added some white Adhesive backed Sequins to finish the card.

 Thanks for stopping by my blog today. You can also See me on Facebook  and  Check me out on Instagram

Be sure to check out the other entries in this fun challenge.

Happy Stamping!


6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, how cute is this!? That little turtle is perfect with these fun papers! Great job with the tag and so happy you're GDing with us this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful mix of patterns and colors, Suzy! This little turtle is as cute as can be. Such a fun card! Welcome to The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the team! So happy to be designing with you! Love this happy card. That little turtle is so fun! Love the bright colors, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Suzy, such a great card to start of our GD with us, so happy to have you on the team! Your little turtle is turt-ally (sorry couldn't resist it) fabulous. I love the layout, too.
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to The Paper Players team, Suzy! Whoo hoo! SO excited to have you guest designing with us this year. Your adorable turtle card just makes me smile. The little expression on his face just gets me every time. I love this layout, too. Great way to showcase DSP!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to the team Suzy - we are thrilled to have you guesting with us this year! This little turtle is so cute and the perfect way to fancy up your tag. I love the bright colours and cheery feel of your card - a great showcase of these papers too!

    ReplyDelete