Tuesday, January 24, 2023

Floating Strips

Happy Tuesday!

Today's card combines two challenges. Inspire Create #134 has a beautiful card made by Verity as inspiration. Just Add Ink Challenge #636 has a fun challenge that asks you to showcase your favorite. I don't know about you but my favorites are always changing. Today I am using my favorite in-color Starry Sky and a favorite Sale- A-Bration DSP.

I used a thick white card base that was layered with a piece of 3 15/16" by 5 3/16" Starry Sky Dainty Flowers DSP. then topped with a piece of 3 3/4" by 5" white cardstock.

For the circle of paper strips, I started with a 3 1/2" square of window sheet. I cut 1/2" by 3 1/2" strips of three colors of the Dainty Flowers DSP. I glued the strips to the window sheet leaving about 1/8" in between. I used the largest circle from the Stylish Shapes dies and cut out a circle.

I used the flower from the Summer Shadows dies to cut out the flower from the circle. I also cut the same flower from the Starry Sky cardstock. The circles was attached to the card with dimensionals, and the flower was glued flat onto the card. I also added a leaf piece that was cut out of Mossy Meadow cardstock

The sentiment from the Shaded Summer stamp set was stamped with Starry Sky ink.

I added Iridescent Rhinestone Basic Jewels to finish of the card.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. You can also See me on Facebook  and  Check me out on Instagram

Be sure to check out the other entries in these fun challenges.

Happy Stamping!





3 comments:

  1. Great favourites Suzanne and love the split dsp panel effect too. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so clever..... I want to give it a go myself! Thank you for sharing this idea. Chantell Just Add Ink

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card! I adore this layout and the colours you've used! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink!

    ReplyDelete