Sunday, January 29, 2023

PP625 with Taco Fiesta

Hello All! Today is the start of a new week and that means it it time for a new challenge from The Paper Players. 


I picked the Taco Fiesta stamp set for my card. This set has a lot of great images to make some fun cards. The cute pun sentiments are perfect to brighten anyone's day.


Joanne has a fun and versatile sketch for everyone to play with. The Paper Players team has some great cards to inspire you. I hope you visit their blogs to check out what they created.

For my card, I started with a thick white card base. This was layered with a 4" by 5 1/4" piece of Mango Melody cardstock topped with a 3 3/4" by 5" piece of Rain or Shine Specialty DSP. 

The images and sentiment were stamped with black ink using the Taco Fiesta stamp set. I used So Saffron, Granny Apple Green, Mossy Meadow, Sweet Sorbet and Smoky Slate blends to color the images. 

Sadly, there are no dies for this set. They are pretty easy to fussy-cut. After cutting them out, I attached them to the card from with glue and dimensionals.

The sentiment was cut out using the Stylish Shapes dies. and adhered to the card with dimensionals.

I hope you join us at The Paper Players this week. We would love to see what you created for this Sketch Challenge. You can enter your project from now until noon PST on Friday February 3, 2023. 

7 comments:

  1. Suzy, this is so FUN!!!!! Who doesn't love Tacos and Guacamole? This is just makes me smile! Certain to make someone's day! Have a great week, My Friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ADORABLE! You used these little taco-themed images perfectly! What's up with SU and no dies for this set? Hopefully it will stick around and some dies will be coming, keeping our fingers crossed! Meanwhile, you created a real cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suzy, this is such a fun card. It made me smile. What a wonderful use of the sketch.
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable, Suzy! This is such a cute set, and I love how you showcased it. What fabulous fussy-cutting skills! This is definitely a card that will bring a smile to the face of the recipient.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this Suzy - those taco-themed images are so fun! I just got this set - cards like yours just make me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Suzy, those little foodie characters are really cute and nicely colored! Your card made me smile - no easy task today! Xoxo, Fran

    ReplyDelete
  7. Let's taco-bout how fun this card is, Suzy! Seriously adorable in every way! :)

    ReplyDelete